Skip to main content

Cheeseburger Bowl


We're still experiencing temps in the 90s here in New England, so I've been making meals that come together quickly and don't heat up the house.  I've actually made these twice, once indoors on a grill pan on top of the stove because a thunderstorm rolled through at dinner time, and once on the outdoor grill.

I used the variation on the dressing suggested by its creator, Laurie R. for the dressing, which was using 1 tablespoon each of ketchup and mustard along with the ranch. So good! Filling, but not heavy.   Next time, I'd melted the cheese on the burger and add some chopped crispy bacon.  You can never go wrong with bacon!


Do you have an amazing recipe you'd like to submit to Taste of Home? Follow this link and learn how! Want to apply to be a Community Cook?  Check out the requirements and apply here.




Cheeseburger Bowl


Author:

ingredients:

  • 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/2 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
  • 2 tablespoons ketchup
  • 4 cups shredded lettuce
  • 4 cups torn romaine
  • 1 medium cucumber, finely chopped
  • 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
  • 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • Crushed potato chips, optional

instructions:

How to cook Cheeseburger Bowl

  1. In a small bowl, combine beef, salt and pepper, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
  2. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°.
  3. Meanwhile, whisk salad dressing and ketchup. In a large bowl, toss lettuces with half the dressing mixture; divide among four plates. Top with burger, cucumber, tomato, pickles, onion and cheese. Serve with remaining dressing. Top with potato chips if desired.
*Dressing can also be made with 1 tablespoon each mustard and ketchup along with the ranch dressing.
cheeseburger, salad, low carb
Lunch, dinner
American
Created using The Recipes Generator




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Copycat Dunkin Donuts Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites

I'm a huge fan of the Dunkin Donuts Power Breakfast sandwich, so when I started seeing ads for the new Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites I stopped in and gave them a try.  They were delicious, but of course, I knew I could make them at home.  I started with the whites of six eggs. You can use pasturized whites if you don't want to do the whole separating, finding a use for the yolks thing.  I beat them up with some salt and pepper. Next up, the tomato and spinach.  I used grape tomatoes, seeded them and then chopped them into 1/4" pieces. I like baby spinach, and I took about 10 leaves and chopped those up into 1/4" pieces as well. I added that to the egg mixture.  When you pour it into the pans, be sure that it all gets evenly distributed.   They bake up pretty quickly, around 9 minutes or so.  Dunkin gives you two egg bites, the mini donut serving size is three. I pop them in ziplocs in the fridge and just pull a bag and reheat them in the microwave for a quick

Copycat Dunkin Donuts Bacon and Cheddar Omelet Bites

Since I already came up with a version of Dunkin Donuts new Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites for myself, I decided to make the other variety that they are offering, Bacon & Cheddar, for my husband. Super simple.  Beat up some eggs with salt and pepper.  Add in some shredded cheddar and a slice of bacon cut into 1/4" pieces (I used kitchen shears).  Bake them for about 9 minutes in sprayed mini donut pans. They baked up light and fluffy.  The bacon stayed crisp and there's just the perfect amount of cheese.   I split them up into portions in zip top bags and that way we can just grab a bag and warm them up. My husband laughed when I told him 3 is the serving size.  I'll definitely be doubling the recipe next time! Copycat Dunkin Donuts Bacon & Cheddar Omelette Bites Print With Image Without Image Author: Jolene's Recipe Journal Ingredients 4 large eggs 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon pepper 3T shredded cheddar cheese 1 slice cooked bacon, cut in 1/4" piec

Double Layer Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Back in the day I used to bake from home for extra money.  This was one of the most popular items.  Cake mix sizes have changed and if you're using the 15.75 ounce ones bake them in 8" pans. If you want to use the 9" rounds, you can also use this cake mix upsizer to make up the difference between the old and new cake mix sizes.  If the layers are too thin, you'll never be able to flip and stack them without a mess. Be sure to keep track of which pan has the pineapple rings and cherries in it and which doesn't so that you can easily turn them out onto the plate in the right order.    Double Layer Pineapple Upside Down Cake Print With Image Without Image Author: Jolene's Recipe Journal Ingredients 10 ounce jar maraschino cherries, drained 1/2 stick butter 1/2 cup packed brown sugar 8 ounce can pineapple slices 8 ounce can crushed pineapple with juice 1 package yellow cake mix (15.75 ounces) Instructions Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt butter and coat the