We're still experiencing temps in the 90s here in New England, so I've been making meals that come together quickly and don't heat up the house. I've actually made these twice, once indoors on a grill pan on top of the stove because a thunderstorm rolled through at dinner time, and once on the outdoor grill.
I used the variation on the dressing suggested by its creator, Laurie R. for the dressing, which was using 1 tablespoon each of ketchup and mustard along with the ranch. So good! Filling, but not heavy. Next time, I'd melted the cheese on the burger and add some chopped crispy bacon. You can never go wrong with bacon!
Do you have an amazing recipe you'd like to submit to Taste of Home? Follow this link and learn how! Want to apply to be a Volunteer Field Editor? Check out the requirements and apply here.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 1 medium cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Crushed potato chips, optional
How to cook Cheeseburger Bowl
- In a small bowl, combine beef, salt and pepper, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, whisk salad dressing and ketchup. In a large bowl, toss lettuces with half the dressing mixture; divide among four plates. Top with burger, cucumber, tomato, pickles, onion and cheese. Serve with remaining dressing. Top with potato chips if desired.
cheeseburger, salad, low carb
Created using The Recipes Generator