This post is sponsored in conjunction with #AppleWeek. I recieved
product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of
AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own.
It's so good, thin crispy dough, bacon, candied nuts, cheese, marinated chicken, and of course, apples. Theirs is wood-fired, but since I'm not set up for that at home, I needed a different way to get that crispy yet chewy crust. Swiss Diamond sent me a beautiful double griddle, and it was perfect for cooking up the bacon.
After a quick wipe down, it was ready for the dough base, which cooked in just a few minutes. The best part of all is that it's oven safe, so after I assembled all the ingredients on top, I could pop it under the broiler to melt the cheese too! I did make some other small changes to the restaurant's version.
I used whole wheat pizza dough instead of regular. Though the candied walnuts are nice, I prefer pecans. You can buy them already candied, or you can make your own. I love it with the maple drizzle, but it's great without it if you can't get your hands on any real maple syrup.
Be sure to go and check out all the other #AppleWeek recipes being shared using the links below!
Granny Smith Pizza
- 2 slices applewood smoked bacon
- 16oz Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- 1 small Granny Smith Apple
- 1/4 cup grated Grana Padano
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut in bite sized pieces
- Candied pecans- recipe follows
- Real Maple Syrup, optional
- On an oven-safe double griddle, fry bacon to desired crispiness. Chop and set aside. Wipe bacon fat from pan, leaving a trace amount. Split dough in half, then gently stretch to circular or oval shapes.
- Lay them onto warm griddle.
- Cook on the first side until lightly browned and crisp. Flip and repeat on that side.
- Heat broiler. Top
- pizzas with cheeses and grilled chicken.
- Core the apple, slice it thin, and add it to the pizza.
- Place under the broiler and cook until cheese is melted and chicken is warmed through.
- Sprinkle on bacon and candied pecans.
- Drizzle with maple syrup, if desired. Cut each pizza into 4 slices and enjoy!
- Apple & Chipotle Candied Bacon Deviled Eggs by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Apple and Plum Crumble by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Apple Pecan Salad with Maple Cider Vinaigrette by Everyday Eileen
- Apple Sausage Skewers by The Cookaholic Wife
- Apple Pie Granola by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Apple Jamon Fontina Grilled Cheese by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Easiest Apple Strudel Recipe by The Anthony Kitchen
- Baked Apple Pancake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Banana Apple Curry Soup by The Saucy Fig
- Bavarian Sauerkraut by Palatable Pastime
- Bulgogi-Inspired Oven Beef Jerky by Culinary Adventures With Camilla
- Butterscotch Apple Oat Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Caramel Apple Salad by Daily Dish Recipes
- Caramelized Apple Wheatberry Porridge with Pepitas and Cranberries by The Baking Fairy
- Chai Spiced Apple Waffles by Jonesin' For Taste
- Cider Glazed Roast Chicken by Kate's Recipe Box
- Creamy Apple Cider Chicken Skillet by House of Nash Eats
- Chicken Sausage Stuffed Baked Apples by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Cinnamon Sponge Charlotte Cake With Caramel Apples by Cooking With Carlee
- Creamy Beet & Apple Salad by Savory Moments
- Copy Cat Dairy Queen Apple Pie Blizzard by An Affair from the Heart
- French Apple Cake by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Glazed Chocolate Chip Apple Cake by Who Needs A Cape?
- Grandma's Apple Butter by The Freshman Cook
- Granny Smith Pizza by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Instant Pot Apple Butter by Soulfully Made
- Pan Apple Mini Cakes by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Pork Tacos with Sweet Apple Slaw by The Redhead Baker
- Quick Applesauce for One by Shockingly Delicious
- Turkey Breast Roulade with Apple, Cornbread & Sausage Stuffing by Books n' Cooks
a Rafflecopter giveaway