Nothing says fall to me like apple crisp. We've tried a lot of versions, but we absolutely love it made with maple sugar. When I heard Flahavan's was sponsoring, I immediately thought about how great their Irish Oatmeal would be mixed into the topping.
I like to keep the apples pretty simple, just some spices and a little vanilla. Depending on the variety of apple you use, you can add a tablespoon of sugar also. I like to slice the apples, but cubed up works too, just adjust the baking time. You want the apples to be soft, but still hold their shape. If the topping is browing too quickly, just cover it with some foil.
The guys like theirs with vanilla bean ice cream. Sometimes I'll top mine with a bit of whipped cream. It's great both room temperature, or warmed up. And since there's fruit and oats, I definitely think you can eat it for breakfast guilt free!
Lots more awesome recipes coming your way today from the other #AppleWeek bloggers, you can see their recipes by clicking the links below. Be sure to enter the giveaway for your chance to win some incredible prize packages from Flahavan's and the other sponsors! Info on the prize packs can be found here.
Maple Apple Crisp
- 8 lg Apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp Rodelle Pure Gourmet Vanilla
- 3/4 c Flahavan's Irish Oats
- 1/2 Cup Maple Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 stick Butter, cold, in small cubes
How to cook Maple Apple Crisp
- Heat oven to 425º. Spray a 13x9 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together oats, sugars, flour, and salt. Cut in butter with two forks or pastry blender until well blended. Sprinkle over the top of the apples.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350º and bake for 35 to 40 minutes more. If the topping is browning too fast, cover with foil.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
maple, apples, oats
Created using The Recipes Generator
- Apple, Bacon and Caramelized Onion Pizza by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Apple Bakewell Tart by Books n' Cooks
- Apple Cider Pulled Pork with Apple Slaw by Simple and Savory
- Apple Cinnamon Baklava by Kate's Recipe Box
- Apple Cream Pie with Oatmeal Crust by Savory Moments
- Easy Apple Crisp Pie with Oats by The Anthony Kitchen
- Apple Gingerbread Cakelets by The Monday Box
- Apple Oatmeal Muffins by House of Nash Eats
- Apple Pie Crepes by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Apple Pie Moonshine by Cookaholic Wife
- Apple Snack Cake by Caroline's Cooking
- Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash by Palatable Pastime
- Baked Cinnamon Apple Doughnuts by Jonesin' For Taste
- Braised Chicken with Apples by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Buttery Apple Streusel Thumbprint Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Caramel Apple Stuffed Waffles by 4 Sons R Us
- Caramel Apple Cider Vodka Slush Cocktail by Everyday Eileen
- Caramel Drizzled Apple Pie Egg Rolls by The Freshman Cook
- Chai Apple Multigrain Pancakes by Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Chai-Spiced Baked Apple Oatmeal by The Redhead Baker
- Crumbly Apple Cranberry Casserole by Who Needs a Cape
- Easy Apple Dumplings by Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids
- Gingered Apple Trifles by Culinary Adventures With Camilla
- Individual Apple Croissant Bread Pudding by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Instant Pot Applesauce by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Marlborough Apple Custard Pie by Karen's Kitchn Stories
- Maple Apple Crisp by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Overnight Apple Pie Steel Cut Oatmeal by Tip Garden
- Prairie Apple Crunch by Family Around the Table
- Ricotta Tart with Apples and Prosciutto by Cooking With Carlee
- Shaved Apple Salad by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Spiced Apple Cider Charlotte Cake by Love and Confections
- Vegan Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls by The Baking Fairy
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclaimer: Thank you AppleWeek Sponsors: Swiss Diamond, Nordic Ware, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, The Spice House, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan’s Irish Oats and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The AppleWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts or entry.