I received product from Forte Chocolates to help in creation of my #Choctoberfest recipe, but all opinions are my own.
When my selection of chocolate arrived from Forte Chocolates, I immediately knew I wanted to pair the dark chocolate bar with strawberry somehow. I have a serious cake mix addiction, I always have several boxes on hand, and they're great for making baked donuts.
I mixed the cake according to the package directions, and then poured it into a pastry bag. I filled 2 mini donut pans and 2 full size donut pans. The minis baked in 8 to 10 minutes, the full size around 13 to 15. My pans are nonstick, but I spray them anyway.
There's really nothing better than the smell of melting chocolate! Dark chocolate is my absolute favorite. I use a tiny bit of oil and melt it in the microwave. I hope you've enjoyed #Choctoberfest as much as I have!
Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberry Donuts
- 1 pkg Strawberry Cake Mix ( I used Pillsbury)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 Forte Chocolates 71% Dark bars
- 1t Vegetable or canola oil
- Sprinkles, optional
How to cook Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberry Donuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, water and oil. Pour into a piping bag.
- Spray donut pans with nonstick spray. Pipe batter into pans, filling them about halfway.
- For minis, bake 8 to 10 minutes, for full size 13 to 15 minutes.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
- Melt chocolate with oil in microwave.
- Dip donuts into chocolate, flip them to coat the other side, then place on a rack to allow the excess to drip off.
- Add sprinkles if desired.
chocolate, cake mix, strawberry
Donuts, dessert, breakfast
Created using The Recipes Generator
a Rafflecopter giveaway