I used Bemuda onion because it was what I had on hand, plus it added a pretty color to the dish. I changed the ratio of long grain to wild to use up what I had in the cabinet. I absolutely loved all the flavors and textures of this one! Thank you so much to Jayne S. for sharing her recipe!
Be sure to go and see what the other amazing #HolidaySideDishes the #FestiveFoodies have made today by clicking the links at the bottom of the post!
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice (I used long grain brown)
- 2/3 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
How to cook Company Rice
- In a large saucepan, saute the celery, carrot and onion in butter until tender. Stir in broth and wild rice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add long grain rice; cover and simmer 20 minutes longer. Stir in cherries; cook until the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes longer. Just before serving, stir in pecans.
rice, pecans, cranberries
Created using The Recipes Generator
- Autumn Orzo Salad from Sweet Beginnings
- Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes from Everyday Eileen
- Company Rice from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Dilly Carrots from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- French Onion Pull-Apart Rolls from The Weekend Gourmet
- Grilled Mushroom Skewers from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Hasselback Sweet Potatoes from Caroline's Cooking
- Make Ahead Turkey Gravy from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Maple Chipotle Hasselback Butternut Squash from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Mashed Potatoes for a Crowd from Cookaholic Wife
- Roasted Beet and Citrus Salad from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Savory Onion and Bacon Bread Pudding from Our Good Life
- Slow Cooker Glazed Green Beans with Bacon from Tip Garden
- Sweet Corn Cake from Palatable Pastime
- Sweet Skillet Cornbread from Daily Dish Recipes
- Vegan Creamed Greens from The Baking Fairy