This post is sponsored in conjunction with ChristmasCookiesWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the ChristmasCookiesWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Are you enjoying #ChristmasCookiesWeek so far? There are so many great recipes being shared, my Pinterest boards are about to explode. I pinned this recipe from Taste of Home a while back, and I'm constantly getting notifications that people have repinned it or tried it.
As I was going through possible recipes to make for this week, I decided I had to put this on on the list. I used a cookie scoop and a little wooden mini tart shaper to form the cups. Make sure you spray the tin well, or you will have sticking. The only change I made to the recipe was to use festively colored sprinkles instead of the chocolate ones.
These are chocolate-y and decadent. They look fancy but are so simple to make! Thank you to Patricia H. for sharing her recipe, I'm so glad that I can add myself to the group of people that have tried it.
I can't wait to see what the other #FestiveFoodies are
making today! You can check out their
recipes by clicking the links at the bottom of the post.
Truffle Filled Cookie Tarts
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (12 ounces)
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 large egg yolks
- Sprinkles or nonpariels for decorating
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until blended. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Shape level tablespoons of dough into 2-1/2-in.-wide patties. Press onto bottoms and up the sides of greased mini-muffin cups.
- Bake until set, 8-10 minutes. Immediately press a deep indentation in center of each with the end of a wooden spoon handle ( I use a mini tart shaper). Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, in a small heavy saucepan, combine chocolate chips, cream and butter; cook and stir over medium heat until smooth. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to pan, whisking constantly. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and a thermometer reads at least 160°, 15-17 minutes. Do not allow to boil. Immediately transfer filling to a bowl; cool 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon filling into each crust. Top with sprinkles. Refrigerate until cold, about 1 hour.
#ChristmasCookiesWeek Thursday Recipes
- Celebrating Sinterklaas with Speculaas by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chocolate Mint Thumbprints by Family Around The Table
- Chocolate Shortbread by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Cinnamon Spice Sugar Cookies by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Fruitcake Cookie Bars by Kate's Recipe Box
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Empire Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Iced Peppermint Cookies by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Lemon Shortbread Sandwich Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Mexican Wedding Cookies by House of Nash Eats
- Mint Chocolate Thumbprints by Family Around the Table
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cup Cereal Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Peppermint Brownie Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Peppermint Patty Bars by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Red and White Pinwheel Cookies by Hardly A Goddess
- Truffle Filled Cookie Tarts by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- White Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies by The Saucy Fig
Disclaimer: Thank you #ChristmasCookiesWeek sponsors: Adams Extract, Sprinkle Pop, YumGoggle and Silpat for providing the prizes free of charge. The #ChristmasCookiesWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Four (4) winners will be selected at random from entries recevied. The prize packages will be fulfilled by and sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. #ChristmasCookiesWeek bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household are not eligible enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #ChristmasCookiesWeek posts or entry.