This post is sponsored in conjunction with #BrunchWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #Brunchweek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
I replaced the vanilla called for in that recipe with Torani Salted Caramel syrup. They were absolutely delicious, but then I decided to take it into "over the top" territory. I layered the blondies, real whipped heavy cream and chopped Rolo candies into some beautiful Joy Jolt Carre martini glasses. I'm a huge fan of individually portioned desserts, especially for brunch or other family functions.
Salted Caramel Blondie Trifle
- For the blondies:
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar (packed)
- 2/3 cup Cabot butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon Torani Salted Caramel Syrup
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- For the trifle:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Powdered Sugar
- Chopped Rolo candies
How to cook Salted Caramel Blondie Trifle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter and sugar together in a large saucepan until smooth. Stir constantly. Cool, then beat in eggs. Stir in salted caramel syrup.
- Coat a 13x9 pan with non stick spray. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center tests clean. Cut into bars while warm. Let cool completely.
- Beat heavy cream, and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form ( I chill my mixing bowl and beaters for several hours or even overnight) Place blondie in bottom of glass. Top with a layer of whipped cream, sprinkle with chopped Rolos. Repeat.
- Keep chilled until serving.
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Joyjolt, Sweets & Treats, Torani, Sarcastic Cooking, Dessert for Two, Sweet Phi, and The Little Ferraro Kitchen for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #BrunchWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Winners have 48 hours to respond once chosen, or they forfeit the prize and another winner(s) will be chosen. The #BrunchWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #Brunchweek posts or entry.