One of my favorite things to do is take a drive to the nearby farms and see what local products they have. One of these trips led to an absolutely delicious dinner!
I started with Valicenti Pasta Farm Brown Butter & Sage Roasted Sweet Potato Ravioli. I used Taste of Home's Sage & Brown Butter sauce to toss the ravioli
in. I wish I'd had some fresh sage on hand, but I only had dried. I
topped it all off with a sprinkle of shredded parm and crispy Daniele, Inc. pancetta.
I highly encourage you to get out and visit your local farms and businesses, you never know what amazing things you might find!
Sweet Potato Ravioli with Sage & Browned Butter
- 3 ounces pancetta, I used Daniele, Inc,
- 1 package (12 ounces) refrigerated sweet potato ravioli, I used Valicenti Pasta Farm
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Chop pancetta into ribbons, cook until crispy in a large skillet over medium heat. Remove to paper towel lined sheet. Set skillet aside for later.
- Cook ravioli according to package directions. In skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Heat 5-7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring constantly. Immediately stir in sage and salt; remove from heat.
- Drain ravioli, reserving 2 tablespoons pasta water. Add ravioli, pasta water and lemon juice to butter mixture; gently toss to coat. Move to serving bowl. Top with parmesan cheese and pancetta.