I hit the jackpot when I stopped by the farm this week, they had loads of heirloom cherry and grape tomatoes. I also grabbed red and yellow bell peppers, so I went searching on the Taste of Home site for a recipe to use them both.
I'm always looking for low calorie sides, and Tricia K.'s Roasted Pepper Salad fit the bill nicely. The only change I made was to swap out the Parmesan cheese for mozzarella.
If you don't feel like heating up the house you could definitely prepare them on the grill. Like my plates? They look like the classic paper version but are actually made of melamine and are reusuable.
Thank you so much to Ellen for hosting #FarmersMarketWeek! Be sure to go and see what the other awesome bloggers are making by clicking the links down below.
Roasted Pepper Salad
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large sweet yellow and red bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, basil, garlic, vinegar, salt and pepper. Spoon into pepper halves.
- Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
peppers, tomatoes, roasted
Created using The Recipes Generator
Friday’s Farmers Market Week Recipes
- Basil Peach Crumble Cups by Our Sutton Place
- Cherry Rhubarb Pie by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Easy Dill Pickles by Palatable Pastime
- Italian Sausage, Bell Pepper, and Garlic Scape Risotto by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Panzanella Salad with Red Onions, Fresh Basil, and Olives by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Parsley and Sage Walnut Pesto by Savory Moments
- Peach Panzanella Salad by Kate's Recipe Box
- Peachy Blueberry Icebox Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Ratatouille by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Roasted Pepper Salad by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Spicy Mango Salsa by Intelligent Domestications
- Sweet and Easy Corn on the Cob by Making Miracles
- Three Cheese Zucchini Boats by Blogghetti
- Watermelon Sparkling Frosé by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures