This post is sponsored in conjunction with Fall Flavors Week. I recieved
product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of my recipes. All opinions are my own.
Now, I realize calling these scones may cause some contention with people. Some would call them biscuits or shortcakes. I'm not really one to feel obligated to stick to tradition when it comes to food, I just want it to taste delicious!
Whatever you call them, these little treats are chock full of bits of pear, beautiful vanilla flavor, and then taken totally over the top with a drizzle of caramel sauce.
Once again, my thanks to Ellen, Christie, and Heather for hosting, as well as to all of the amazing sponsors who made #FallFlavors Week possible. Be sure to go and check out all of the other recipes down below!
Pear Scones with Caramel Drizzle
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons butter, cold, cubed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Taylor & Colledge Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 cup diced pears
- Torani Puremade Caramel Sauce
- Heat oven to 375. Line 2 baking sheets with silpat or parchment.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter or a fork.
- Whisk eggs, greek yogurt, vanilla bean paste together in another bowl.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry. Add the pears, do not overmix. Dough will be sticky.
- Drop dough onto the prepared sheets in 1/4 cup portions (I like to use a large cookie scoop).
- Bake 20 to 25 mins, rotating the baking sheets halfway through the cooking time. Let cool on sheets for 2 to 3 mins, move to wire rack to cool completely.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce before serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Friday Fall Recipes
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Apple Rings by Daily Dish Recipes
- Almond Apple Galette by Kate's Recipe Box
- Amish Pear Crumb Pie Recipe by Blogghetti
- Apple Cider Dip by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Apple Upside Down Cake by An Affair from the Heart
- Caramel Apple Whiskey Sour by Cookaholic Wife
- Caramel Apple Pancakes by Lemon Blossoms
- Caramel Apple Sangria by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Caramel Apple-Tea-Ni by Sweet Beginnings
- Fluffy Pumpkin Dip by Take Two Tapas
- Garlic and Thyme Smashed Sunchokes by Savory Moments
- Gluten Free Caramel Apple Cheesecake by Frugal & Fit
- Harvest Vegetable Fritters with Shrimp by Art of Natural Living
- Meyer Lemon-Lavender Vodka Martini by Books n' Cooks
- Oaxacon Daisy by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pear Fennel Sunchoke Salad by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Pear Scones with Caramel Glaze by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Pistachio and Marmalade Crusted Brie with Figs by Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Chicken with Sunchokes and Lemon by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Roasted Potatoes with Lemon and Garlic by Family Around the Table
- Scrumptious Caramel Iced Apple Cinnamon Rolls Easy Recipe by Intelligent Domestications
- Tea Infused Apple Cider Chicken by Simple and Savory
- Vegan Almond Scones by That Recipe
Thank you #FallFlavors Week Sponsors: Melissa’s Produce, Dixie Crystals, Torani, Republic of Tea, Taylor & Colledge, and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #FallFlavors Week recipes. All opinions are my own. The #FallFlavors Week giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #FallFlavors Week Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors Week posts or entry.