I did make a few small changes to the Lola B's recipe. I hate to see anything to go waste so I zested the lemon into the batter before juicing it to use in the glaze. I used a large cookie scoop to fill my paper lined cups, it makes it so easy to divide the batter up evenly.
Mine baked in exactly 20 mins, but be sure not to overbake. I moved them to a wire rack to cool and before glazing them I popped a rimmed baking sheet under the rack to catch the excess. For the glaze I used 1 cup of powdered sugar and the juice of a large lemon. For us, that was plenty to cover all 12 muffins.
Thank you to Stacey for hosting #MuffinMonday! Be sure to check out the links down below to all of the other amazing recipes being shared this month!
Lemon Pound Cake Muffins
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- Zest from 1 large lemon
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Juice from 1 large lemon
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the sour cream and extracts. Add lemon zest.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Fill 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 400° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 18-20 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine the glaze ingredients; drizzle over muffins. I place a baking sheet underneath catch the glaze runoff for easier clean up.
- Bacon Cheddar Muffins from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Coconut Cornbread Muffins from Passion Kneaded
- Cornmeal Cheese Bomb Muffins from Magical Ingredients
- Honey Cornbread Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lemon Pound Cake Muffins from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Maple Banana Cornbread Muffins from Food Lust People Love
- Onion Crunch Corn Muffins from Palatable Pastime
- Pineapple Coconut Muffins from Zesty South Indian Kitchen
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins from Making Miracles