It's the final day of #BBQWeek and I'm closing it out with Grilled Potatoes and Peppers. I'm all about reducing the amount of dishes I have to wash so instead of mixing the ingredients in a bowl and then putting it in a packet, I used 13x9 disposable pan and covered it with foil.
I had some wonky shaped potatoes, so I just made sure that all the pieces were about the same size overall. I used red and yellow bell peppers and cut them into similar size chunks as the potatoes. The type of onion was unspecified in the recipe, but I've always got Bermuda onions on hand.
This made an amazing side dish to grilled chicken, and it also was fantastic the next day with some scrambled eggs wrapped into a flour tortilla. Thank you to Susan N. for sharing her recipe! Hope you've enjoyed #BBQWeek as much as I have, and if you try any of the recipes I'd love to hear from you!
Grilled Potatoes and Peppers
- 8 medium red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 each yellow and red pepper, cut in chunks
- 1 medium Bermuda onion, cut into wedges then separated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 13x9 disposable pan, combine all ingredients, stirring well. Cover with foil and crimp the edges tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat until potatoes are tender, 40-45 minutes. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
Friday #BBQWeek Recipes
Appetizers and Drinks
- BBQ Deviled Eggs by The Spiffy Cookie
- Lemonade Margarita by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mojitos with Grilled Strawberries and Mint by Our Good Life
- Caprese Salad by House of Nash Eats
- Classic Broccoli Salad by Family Around the Table
- Cowboy Caviar by Devour Dinner
- Grilled Peppers and Potatoes by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Wilted Mixed Green Salad with Bacon and Blue Cheese by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Tropical Fruit Salsa by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Summer Steak Salad by Kate's Recipe Box
- Blueberry Coffee Cake by Sweet Beginnings
- Blueberry Ice Cream Recipe by SueBee Homemaker
- Copycat Dole Pineapple Whip by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Grilled Strawberry Shortcake by Blogghetti