I spent most of this winter eating the same two steam in bag veggies, but the weather is heating up and I was looking for some easy new sides. I found these Tomatoes with Buttermilk Vinaigrette on the Taste of Home website and had everything on hand to make them.
During the season I get tomatoes from a local farm but in the off time I always keep a few packages of Sunsweet Wild Wonders in the fridge. They're great for snacking. I added the dressing ingredients to Ball jar and shook it, this made it easy to store in the fridge until it was time to serve it.
This was the perfect patio dinner alongside some grilled chicken. Thank you so much to Judith F. for sharing her recipe! Do you have an amazing recipe you'd like to submit to Taste of Home? Follow this link and learn how! Want to apply to be a Taste of Home Community Cook? Check out the requirements and apply here.
Tomatoes with Buttermilk Vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup minced fresh tarragon (used heaping 1T dried)
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pounds cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup minced fresh chives
- In a small bowl, whisk the first 8 ingredients until blended. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- Just before serving, arrange tomatoes on a platter; drizzle with vinaigrette. Sprinkle with chives.