Another month has flown by and it's #MuffinMonday again! I love participating in this group because muffins are always a hit here and it allows me to creatively use some of my pantry ingredients.
This time around I had apples and bananas. A quick
search of the Taste of Home site turned up Alice M's Banana Apple Muffins. I doubled the ingredients from the original recipe. I used quick cooking oats because that's what I usually have on hand.
I also increased the amount of cinnamon and allspice and added some vanilla extract to the batter. I sprinkle the tops with turbinado sugar before baking because we like the crunch and sweetness it adds.
I made a dozen full size muffins and also made mini muffins.
They may look plain but the apple and banana come through perfectly. I like them split and then griddled on a hot
pan with a little butter. The minis make great lunch box treats for my guys.
Thank you so much to Stacy from Food Lust People Love for hosting #MuffinMonday! Be sure to check out the links down below for all of the other great recipes being shared this month!
Banana Apple Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup grated peeled tart apple (I didn't peel it)
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- Turbinado sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients.
- In another bowl, whisk egg, vanilla, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in apple and banana.
- Fill greased muffin cups about three-fourths full.
- Sprinkle the tops with turbinado sugar, if desired.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, 25-30 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Apple Pie Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Banana Apple Muffins from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Cranberry Orange Muffins from Palatable Pastime
- Lemon Poppyseed Muffins from Food Lust People Love
- Peanut Butter Banana Muffins from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Pear Almond Muffins from Zesty South Indian Kitchen
- Pumpkin, Pecan, and Cinnamon Chip Muffins from Magical Ingredients