I'm kicking off Holiday Side Dishes week with one of our favorite vegetables, carrots! I found this recipe on the Taste of Home site, and I love it because it's only 5 ingredients and works well with either fresh or frozen carrots.
I used frozen carrots this time around, but luckily my chives are still going strong so I was able to use fresh. I love my herb cutting scissors, they are a huge time saver! Dried chives would work fine too, use 1 to 2 teaspoons. If you don't like chives you can use rosemary or thyme.
Thank you so much to Heather from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks for hosting #HolidaySideDishes Week and be sure to go and check out all the other fantastic recipes being shared using the links down below!
Chive Buttered Carrots
- 2 1/2 pounds carrots, diagonally sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Place 1 in. of water and carrots in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook, covered, 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add carrots, salt and pepper; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until carrots are tender. Sprinkle with chives.
Here's more Side Dish Recipes:
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash from Devour Dinner
- Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Black Eyed Pea Casserole from Leftovers Then Breakfast
- Bourbon Pecan Sweet Potatoes from Cookaholic Wife
- Brussels Sprouts with Smoked Almonds and Manchego Cheese from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cauliflower au Gratin from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Cheesy Mashed Potato Puffs from Blogghetti
- Chive Buttered Carrots from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Hassleback Potatoes from Jen Around the World
- Hearts of Palm Salad from Art of Natural Living
- Loaded Green Bean Casserole from Sweet Beginnings
- Potatoes and Green Beans/Aloo Beans Curry from Magical Ingredients
- Potatoes Au Gratin from An Affair from the Heart
- Southern Collard Greens (Instant Pot) from Palatable Pastime
- Sweet Potatoes with Candied Pecans from Kate's Recipe Box