After discovering last month that I'm not the only ginger fan in the house I immediately went looking for a recipe using it to make for this month's Muffin Monday. I found Lisa V's Cranberry Gingerbread Muffins on the Taste of Home site.
I did make two changes to her recipe. First, I substituted Greek yogurt for the fat free because it's what I always have on hand. I also used dried cranberries instead of fresh. Usually I would also sprinkle the tops with some raw sugar, but I was debating a glaze so I didn't.
The key to muffins is really not to over mix them. I like to use an ice cream scoop to portion out the dough into the cups. Before baking I popped a few extra dried cranberries on because I like people to know what's in them.
These smell amazing while they're baking and they taste even better. They didn't need the sugar or a glaze, they are perfect as is. Thank you so much to Stacy from Food Lust People Love for hosting #MuffinMonday! Be sure to check out the links down below for all of the other great recipes being shared this month!
#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all of our lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday can be found on our home page.
- Blueberry Orange Buttermilk Muffins from Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate Clementine Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cranberry Gingerbread Muffins from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Easy Cranberry Apple Muffins from Zesty South Indian Kitchen
- Eggnog Muffins from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Samosa Muffins from Magical Ingredients
- 'Tis the Season Muffins from Culinary Adventures with Camilla