Skip to main content

Copycat Dunkin Donuts Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites

I'm a huge fan of the Dunkin Donuts Power Breakfast sandwich, so when I started seeing ads for the new Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites I stopped in and gave them a try.  They were delicious, but of course, I knew I could make them at home. 


I started with the whites of six eggs. You can use pasturized whites if you don't want to do the whole separating, finding a use for the yolks thing.  I beat them up with some salt and pepper.


Next up, the tomato and spinach.  I used grape tomatoes, seeded them and then chopped them into 1/4" pieces. I like baby spinach, and I took about 10 leaves and chopped those up into 1/4" pieces as well. I added that to the egg mixture.  When you pour it into the pans, be sure that it all gets evenly distributed.

 

They bake up pretty quickly, around 9 minutes or so.  Dunkin gives you two egg bites, the mini donut serving size is three. I pop them in ziplocs in the fridge and just pull a bag and reheat them in the microwave for a quick breakfast or snack.



Copycat Dunkin Donuts Egg Whte & Veggie Omelet Bites

Copycat Dunkin Donuts Egg Whte & Veggie Omelette Bites
Yield: 9
Author: Jolene's Recipe Journal

Ingredients

  • 6 large egg whites
  • 1/4t salt
  • 1/2t pepper
  • 3T seeded diced tomato, 1/4" pieces
  • 2T baby spinach leaves, chopped into 1/4" pieces
  • 3T Four Cheese Blend
  • Cooking spray

Instructions

  1. Heat oven to 350.
  2. In a large measuring cup beat the egg whites, salt and pepper. Add diced tomato and chopped baby spinach. Add cheese.
  3. Coat mini donut pan with cooking spray. Pour mixture into pan making sure that the tomato, spinach and cheese gets evenly distributed.
  4. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until cooked through.

Notes:

Serving size of 3 omelet bites is approximately 150 calories.

egg bites, Dunkin Donuts,
Breakfast, Copycat, Snacks
American








Comments

  1. I love super easy recipes like this. It’s my favorite kind of breakfast

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great and nutritious breakfast on the go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never had the Dunkin Donuts version but theses are delicious. I made both varieties and love both of them. I eat low carb and this is perfect to have handy for breakfast. Plus they are easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed them! Comments like these make my day!

      Delete
  4. Can you freeze them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I freeze them solid on a baking sheet and then I vacuum seal them in portion sizes. I let them defrost in the fridge overnight and then reheat them in the microwave.

      Delete
  5. How long do they keep in fridge in ziploc bag?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The FDA says 3 to 4 days. Our fridge is super cold so I stretch that to 5.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Copycat Dunkin Donuts Bacon and Cheddar Omelet Bites

Since I already came up with a version of Dunkin Donuts new Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites for myself, I decided to make the other variety that they are offering, Bacon & Cheddar, for my husband. Super simple.  Beat up some eggs with salt and pepper.  Add in some shredded cheddar and a slice of bacon cut into 1/4" pieces (I used kitchen shears).  Bake them for about 9 minutes in sprayed mini donut pans. They baked up light and fluffy.  The bacon stayed crisp and there's just the perfect amount of cheese.   I split them up into portions in zip top bags and that way we can just grab a bag and warm them up. My husband laughed when I told him 3 is the serving size.  I'll definitely be doubling the recipe next time! Copycat Dunkin Donuts Bacon & Cheddar Omelette Bites Print With Image Without Image Author: Jolene's Recipe Journal Ingredients 4 large eggs 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon pepper 3T shredded cheddar cheese 1 slice cooked bacon, cut in 1/4" piec

Double Layer Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Back in the day I used to bake from home for extra money.  This was one of the most popular items.  Cake mix sizes have changed and if you're using the 15.75 ounce ones bake them in 8" pans. If you want to use the 9" rounds, you can also use this cake mix upsizer to make up the difference between the old and new cake mix sizes.  If the layers are too thin, you'll never be able to flip and stack them without a mess. Be sure to keep track of which pan has the pineapple rings and cherries in it and which doesn't so that you can easily turn them out onto the plate in the right order.    Double Layer Pineapple Upside Down Cake Print With Image Without Image Author: Jolene's Recipe Journal Ingredients 10 ounce jar maraschino cherries, drained 1/2 stick butter 1/2 cup packed brown sugar 8 ounce can pineapple slices 8 ounce can crushed pineapple with juice 1 package yellow cake mix (15.75 ounces) Instructions Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt butter and coat the