I'm a huge fan of the Dunkin Donuts Power Breakfast sandwich, so when I started seeing ads for the new Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites I stopped in and gave them a try. They were delicious, but of course, I knew I could make them at home.
I started with the whites of six eggs. You can use pasturized whites if you don't want to do the whole separating, finding a use for the yolks thing. I beat them up with some salt and pepper.
Next up, the tomato and spinach. I used grape tomatoes, seeded them and then chopped them into 1/4" pieces. I like baby spinach, and I took about 10 leaves and chopped those up into 1/4" pieces as well. I added that to the egg mixture. When you pour it into the pans, be sure that it all gets evenly distributed.
They bake up pretty quickly, around 9 minutes or so. Dunkin gives you two egg bites, the mini donut serving size is three. I pop them in ziplocs in the fridge and just pull a bag and reheat them in the microwave for a quick breakfast or snack.
Copycat Dunkin Donuts Egg Whte & Veggie Omelet Bites
- 6 large egg whites
- 1/4t salt
- 1/2t pepper
- 3T seeded diced tomato, 1/4" pieces
- 2T baby spinach leaves, chopped into 1/4" pieces
- 3T Four Cheese Blend
- Cooking spray
- Heat oven to 350.
- In a large measuring cup beat the egg whites, salt and pepper. Add diced tomato and chopped baby spinach. Add cheese.
- Coat mini donut pan with cooking spray. Pour mixture into pan making sure that the tomato, spinach and cheese gets evenly distributed.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until cooked through.
Serving size of 3 egg bites is approximately 150 calories.