I hope you are enjoying Spring Sweets Week as much as I am! I kicked things off with Blood Orange Shortbread Cookies and for my second recipe I'm sharing Lemon Funfetti Baked Donuts.
This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product from sponsor companies to help in the creation of my recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
I just love any excuse to break out the donut pans and as soon
as I saw the festive and colorful sprinkles that Sweets and Treats sent I
knew immediately that I wanted to do a "funfetti" style donut. The sprinkles I used are called Basket Case, a naturally colored pastel mix.
I used Taylor and Colledge Lemon Extract Paste in the batter. One teaspoon of it is the same as using the zest from a whole lemon! I love the paste because you use far less than traditional liquid extract.
For the glaze I mixed together Dixie Crystals powdered sugar with Taylor & Colledge Vanilla Bean Paste, along with some milk. Everyone in my house likes varying layers of glaze, so some got a heavy dip while others got lighter ones.
If you are adding additional sprinkles on top of the glaze you want to dip a few, put the sprinkles on and repeat so that the glaze doesn't set up on you and the sprinkles just roll off.
It's like eating sunshine in donut form. Bright beautiful lemon flavor in the donut itself, the classic vanilla bean glaze, and of course, loads of delicious sprinkles!
Huge thanks to Taylor & Colledge, Sweets & Treats, Dixie
Crystals and the rest of our generous sponsors! Be sure to go and enter
for your chance to win one of their amazing prize packages down below!
Lemon Funfetti Baked Donuts
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Taylor & Colledge Lemon Extract Paste
- 1/4c Sweets & Treats Sprinkle Mix- I used Basket Case
- Yellow food coloring, if desired
- 1 ½ cups Dixie Crystals powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon Taylor & Colledge Vanilla Bean Paste
- Additional sprinkles for decoration.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add butter, milk, eggs, and lemon extract paste and food coloring, if desired. Beat until blended. Spoon batter into a pastry or ziptop bag.
- Coat donut pan with nonstick spray. Fill each 2/3 full.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes for full size donuts, 8 to 10 minutes for mini donuts. Cool in pans 3 to 5 minutes, then cool completely on wire racks.
- Combine powdered sugar, milk and vanilla bean paste. Carefully invert donuts into glaze, then return to upright position and set onto cooling rack. Top with sprinkles, if desired.
Wednesday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Blood Orange Ricotta Cookies from The Spiffy Cookie
- Blood Orange Cheesecake Pastries from Daily Dish Recipes
- Cadbury Egg Cookies from Devour Dinner
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes from Jen Around the World
- Coconut Lime Shortbread from Shockingly Delicious
- Easter Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bites from Kathryn's Kitchen Blog
- Easy Strawberry Fool from Red Cottage Chronicles
- Grape Sorbet from Family Around the Table
- Grapefruit Yogurt Loaf Cake from Sweet Beginnings
- Key Lime Tassie from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Kumquat Oatmeal Cookies from Eat Move Make
- Lemon Funfetti Baked Donuts from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Mango Cream with Berries from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Mango FIlled Martabak Manis from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Meringue Nests with Fruit Curd from Art of Natural Living
- Oatmeal Carrot Halwa Ice Cream Sandwich from Magical Ingredients
- Soft Batch Sprinkle Cookies from Blogghetti
- Strawberries and Cream Muffins from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Strawberry Key Lime Milkshakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Strawberry Pretzel Parfait from Cookaholic Wife
- Tangerine Ginger Tartlets from That Recipe
- Triple Berry Slab Pie from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
We share recipes from #SpringSweetsWeek on Pinterest! Make sure you follow the board to see all the delicious recipes shared this week.
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Anolon, Sweets & Treats, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor and Colledge, and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.