One of my favorite things about being a blogger is getting to work with products and companies that are new to me. Melissa's Produce sent us an amazing selection for Spring Sweets Week and one of the items was a bag of Key limes.
I've eaten Key lime pie but really haven't had any luck getting the actual limes at the store so I was excited to see them in the box. I decided right away that I wanted to make curd. I've made it with lemons and I knew it would be great with the Key limes.
I used the Zesty Lemon Curd recipe from Taste of home, swapping out the lemon juice and zest for the Key lime juice and zest. It turned out so well I had to restraint myself from eating it by the spoonful.
It was also fantastic on top of some Nairn's Ginger Oat Grahams. But I was good and made sure to save enough for the recipe I'm going to share with you during Spring Sweets Week, which is Key Lime Icebox Cake.
Thank you so much to Melissa's Produce and Nairn's for their generosity and I sure hope you come back and check out all the great recipes that will be shared during #SpringSweetsWeek, March 21st to 25th!
Zesty Key Lime Curd
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup Key lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated Key lime zest
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- In a large heavy saucepan, whisk the eggs, sugar, Key lime juice and zest until blended.
- Add butter; cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon and thermometer reads at least 170°. Do not allow to boil.
- Remove from heat immediately. Transfer to a small bowl; cool. Press plastic wrap onto surface of curd. Refrigerate until cold.
Adapted from: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/zesty-lemon-curd/