Welcome to the third annual #BBQWeek hosted by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. We are excited to have 15 bloggers sharing over 50 recipes this week as we head toward grilling season. I've got five new recipes coming your way this week!
This post is sponsored in conjunction with #BBQWeek. The sponsors, Rainier Foods and Intensity Academy, generously provided prize packages to give away to the readers, however, all opinions are mine alone.
One of my favorite apps to order when I go out is jalapeno poppers. I rarely fry at home so when I saw these grilled Bacon Cheddar Jalapenos on the Taste of Home site I couldn't wait to give them a try.
The first thing you want to do is cut the tops off the peppers and take out the seeds/membranes. I highly recommend using a tomato corer to do this, it makes it super easy.
Bacon Cheddar Jalapenos
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 24 jalapeno peppers (3 inches)
- 12 bacon strips, halved
- In a small bowl, mix the cheddar and cream cheese. Cut and discard tops from jalapenos; remove the seeds.
- Fill each with 2 teaspoons cheese mixture. Wrap each pepper with a bacon piece; secure with a toothpick.
- Grill jalapeños, covered, over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until bacon is crisp, turning frequently. If desired, serve with guacamole and sour cream.
Monday #BBQWeek Recipes
Starters and Sides
- Bacon Cheddar Jalapenos from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Lemon-Garlic Roasted Potato Salad from A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Grilled Kale Salad with Grilled Croutons and Garlic Dressing from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Spicy Hummus Dip from Art of Natural Living
- Barbecued Pork Burgers from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Beef Kafta from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chai Teriyaki Shrimp Salad from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Grilled Glazed Blackberry Chicken from Blogghetti
- Grilled Zesty Greek Chicken from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Jalapeno-Marinated Pork Kabobs from Sweet Beginnings
- Margarita Grilled Shrimp from Jen Around the World
- Smoked Burgers with Spicy Garlic Aioli from The Spiffy Cookie
- Southwestern Chicken Skewers from The Freshman Cook
- Sweet and Spicy Chicken and Pineapple Skewers from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
Intensity Academy Saucy Queen Prize Package
The Intensity Academy Saucy Queen has competed in the fiery food industry for over 15 years. Her all-natural gourmet hot sauces have more than 55 national awards. In 2019, the Saucy Queen earned the Tampa Bay Businesswoman of the Year in Manufacturing, Business Leader’s Woman Extraordinaire and Working Women of Tampa Bay’s! Not only does she sell amazing sauces, spice mixes, and dips, but she has anchored her career in service and non-profit organizations and helping local companies take their products from recipe to store shelves.
A prize package of 4 popular sauces:
- Carrot Karma – A mild hot sauce made from a blend of carrots, habaneros, and a touch of lime.
- Garlic Goodness – An essential garlic hot sauce! Each batch contains over 100 pounds of slow roasted garlic.
- Honey Hype – A blend of crystalized honey natural rub. The crystalized honey melts perfectly over meats and veggies.
- Chai Sweet Chili – A light sauce made with peppers and organic Chai tea that won the 2012 Golden Chile award.
Rainier Foods Prize Package
Life's too short for boring food, spice it up with Rainier Foods. Rainier Foods is a family company located in the shadow of Mt. Rainier. They have a dedication to provide premium quality food products. Rainier Foods can source the best ingredients available to help you create delicious meals which sets them apart from other companies. All their products are made locally ensuring their products are the best that the Pacific Northwest has to offer. A portion of all sales are donated to the Washington National Park Fund.
A prize package of a meat thermometer and trio of spice mixes:
- Meater+ wire-free meat thermometer – monitor your cooking from a phone or tablet. Monitors internal and ambient temperature at the same time.
- The Essentials Seasoning – Salt, garlic, and pepper are the essentials of most seasonings. Three different types of sea salt blend with garlic and pepper in this delicious seasoning.
- Smoky Honey Seasoning & Rub – Made with Pacific Northwest clover honey, Cherrywood Smoked Sea Salt, and Smoked Paprika. This seasoning blend creates a deliciously sticky and sweet flavor on anything you grill.
- Gochu (Go-Choo) Seasoning & Rub – Gochugaru Chilis combine with sea salt and pepper along with a few other spices makes this blend unique adding an unmatchable flavor profile to everything you cook.
Thank you #BBQWeek sponsors Saucy Queen and Rainier Foods for donating the prizes for this event. The #BBQWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner are checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning.
Two (2) winners are selected at random from entries received. The prize packages are fulfilled by and sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. #BBQWeek bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household are not eligible to enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #BBQWeek posts or entries.