We're halfway through #BBQWeek and I hope you're enjoying it as much as I am! Today I'm sharing Grilled Buttermilk Chicken, a recipe I found on the Taste of Home website.
This post is sponsored in conjunction with #BBQWeek. The sponsors, Rainier Foods and Intensity Academy, generously provided prize packages to give away to the readers, however, all opinions are mine alone.
I've always struggled making chicken on the grill that doesn't turn out dry or flavorless. I find I have the most success with recipes that are marinated first.
I like to do my marinating in zip top bags but you can do them in a bowl or shallow pan if you like. This one had buttermilk, whole cloves of garlic and fresh thyme. If you don't have fresh thyme you can definitely substitute dried.
I wish I could get beautiful grill marks like others can but I concentrate more on getting the chicken cooked through. I use an instant read probe thermometer and like to pull chicken at around 160 degrees and then let carryover cooking do the rest.
This chicken was awesome day one, I served it with yesterday's recipe, Pesto Pasta & Potatoes. The leftovers made great sandwiches, wraps and was excellent on top of a tossed salad. It'll definitely be going into the regular rotation!
Don't forget to enter for your chance to win a prize package from our generous sponsors, Intensity Academy and Rainier Foods! I can't wait to go check out what the other bloggers made today, my printer's been busy this week!
Grilled Buttermilk Chicken
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 4 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 4-1/2 pounds)
- Place the buttermilk, thyme, garlic and salt in a large bowl or shallow dish. Add chicken and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat until a thermometer reads 165°, 5-7 minutes per side.
Other recipes you may enjoy:
Welcome to the third annual #BBQWeek hosted by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. We are excited to have 15 bloggers sharing over 50 recipes this week as we head toward grilling season. The amazing sponsors have donated some great prizes for the #BBQWeek giveaway and you can check them out HERE and enter for your chance to win down below.
Wednesday #BBQWeek Recipes
Starters and Sides
- Cowboy Caviar from The Freshman Cook
- Grilled Chili Lime Butter Corn from Jen Around the World
- Grilled Garlic Honey Boneless Wings from Blogghetti
- Marinated Green Beans from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Smoky Blackberry Grilled Fruit Salad from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Sweet and Smoky Jalapeno Poppers from A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Watermelon Cucumber Salad from The Spiffy Cookie
- Asian Ribs from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Blackberry Honey Grilled Salmon from Sweet Beginnings
- Grilled Buttermilk Chicken from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Grilled Chicken Caprese from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Grilled Tuna Steaks with Honey Vinaigrette from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- No Churn Thai Tea Ice Cream from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats from Art of Natural Living
Thank you #BBQWeek sponsors Saucy Queen and Rainier Foods for donating the prizes for this event. The #BBQWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner are checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning.
Two (2) winners are selected at random from entries received. The prize packages are fulfilled by and sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. #BBQWeek bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household are not eligible to enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #BBQWeek posts or entries.