Of all the events I participate in, Farmer's Market is definitely one of my favorites. It's just so easy to be inspired by all of the awesome things you can find there! I came home with a big bag full of goodies including some zucchini.
We're big zucchini bread fans and I've made all sorts of variations like Lemon Blueberry, Cherry Vanilla and Pineapple. Shari M's recipe caught my eye on the Taste of Home website and I am always down for chocolate!
I peeled the zucchini because my husband claims not to like it. The only other change I made to the recipe was to sprinkle the tops of the loaves with semi sweet chocolate chips because why not? The more chocolate the better.
They'd be great mixed into the actual batter as well. If I hadn't had those on hand I would have just sprinkled the top with some raw sugar. The recipe makes two loaves and I'd hoped to freeze one but it's disappearing so fast I don't think that's going to happen.
Thank you so much to Ellen from Family Around the Table for hosting #FarmersMarketWeek! Be sure to go and check out what the other bloggers are sharing using the links down below.
Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups shredded peeled zucchini
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and baking powder; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in zucchini.
- Transfer to 2 greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top if desired. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Other recipes you may enjoy:
Welcome to Farmers Market Week! This is the week we celebrate all things found at the Farmers Market. There are over fifteen bloggers sharing over 50 recipes this week. From drinks and desserts to entrees and sides, there’s something for everyone this week.
Monday Farmers Market Recipes
- Asparagus Frittata with Cherry Tomatoes from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Bhaingan Bharta from Magical Ingredients
- Cheddar Tomato Tart from Jen Around the World
- Easy 2 Ingredient Lemon Salt from Family Around the Table
- Easy Cowboy Caviar Recipe from Blogghetti
- Greek Stuffed Tomatoes from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Japchae (Korean Glass Noodles) from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mexican Street Corn Elote Bowls from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Spinach Feta Quiche from Art of Natural Living
- Blackberry Cornmeal Cobbler from Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Cardamom Ricotta Muffins from The Spiffy Cookie
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Peach Liège Waffles from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Peach Pecan Bars from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- White Chocolate Raspberry Scones from Red Cottage Chronicles