Welcome to the fourth annual #FallFlavors! We have 21 bloggers sharing over SIXTY recipes using fall ingredients like squash, apples, maple, pecans, and many more. Follow #FallFlavors to see all the delicious recipes on social media.
I'm kicking things off with Cider Baked Squash. I got this recipe from the Taste of Home site and it called for acorn squash. It takes a little effort to get through the skin to make the 1" slices.
I used a spoon to remove the seeds but you also could use a biscuit cutter. After they're laid out in a sheet pan you pour apple cider over the top and then sprinkle them with a brown sugar spiced mixture.
You can roast them in the oven or you could even grill them if you like. If you don't want to go through the hassle of slicing and seeding the squash there's cubed varieties available like butternut that would be just as delicious.
Thank you so much to Ellen from Family Around the Table for hosting #FallFlavors Week! e sure to check out the other bloggers recipes down below. You can also follow the Favorite Fall Recipes Facebook group and the Favorite Fall Flavors Pinterest board for more fall inspiration!
Cider Baked Squash
- 2 medium acorn squash, cut into 1-inch slices, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Arrange squash in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Pour cider over squash.
- Combine the brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and mace; sprinkle over squash.
- Cover with foil. Bake until squash is tender, 40-45 minutes.
Monday #FallFlavor Recipes
- Apple Cider Mule from Art of Natural Living
- Caramel Apple Sangria from Our Crafty Cocktails
- Jack Rose Cocktail from Books n' Cooks
Salads, Soups, and Sides
- Apple Cranberry Spinach Salad from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Chipotle Butternut Squash Mash from A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Cider Baked Squash from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Easy Broccoli Cheese Soup from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Loaded Cauliflower Casserole from Blogghetti
- Black Pepper Pork Tenderloin with Fig Preserves from The Spiffy Cookie
- Easy French Onion Chicken Recipe from Family Around The Table
- Maple Bacon Smoked Sausage from Palatable Pastime
- Air Fryer Apple Crisp from Devour Dinner
- Air Fryer Apple Pie Egg Rolls from An Affair from the Heart
- Caramel Apple Rice Krispies Treats from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Maple Syrup Pancake Cookies from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies from Best Cookie Recipes
- Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipe from Our Crafty Mom
- Pumpkin Rabdi from Magical Ingredients
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies from Jen Around the World