Skip to main content

March is #MapleMonth!

For a New England girl, March is one of the best months of the year.  The snow is melting, daylight lasts longer, and the sap starts running. It takes a lot of time and effort to produce maple syrup, and I highly recommend visiting a sugar shack to see how it's done if you have one nearby. 

Obviously it's great on pancakes, french toast and waffles but it can be used for savory dishes too. Here are our favorite ways to use maple syrup and maple sugar!


Maple Apple Crisp

 The guys like theirs with vanilla bean ice cream.  Sometimes I'll top mine with a bit of whipped cream. It's great both room temperature, or warmed up.  And since there's fruit and oats, I definitely think you can eat it for breakfast guilt free!

View Recipe


Maple Pork Chops

Crispy and golden brown, the maple mustard sauce really puts these chops over the top!

 View Recipe


Morning Maple Muffins

Great in full size and as minis! There's syrup in the batter and maple sugar and oats in the streusel.  They are awesome as is but for a treat split them and griddle them with some butter in a hot skillet.

 View Recipe


 

Overnight Maple Oatmeal

I am an overnight oats fanatic. Hot or cold this is the perfect way to start your day! You can top it with fruit or your favorite granola.

View Recipe



Crunchy Maple Glazed Squash

Delicata squash is one of the most underrated veggies out there.  I love it because you don't have to peel it and it roasts beautifully.

 View Recipe


Maple Apple Baked Oatmeal

Baked oatmeal is a great way to make breakfast for a crowd. It also reheats well in individual portions so I like to make a batch on Sunday and enjoy it throughout the week.

 View Recipe


 

Maple Honey Cranberry Sauce

Cranberries are another New England staple and I pick up bags and freeze them so I can make this sauce year round.  The little bit of orange really brightens it up and it's great with chicken or turkey.

View Recipe


New England Hot Chocolate

Nothing quite hits the spot after shoveling like this hot chocolate! I liked mine topped with marshmallows, the guys like theirs with whipped cream.

View Recipe 

 

Maple Glazed Green Beans

 Green beans are one of the few vegetables my guys will eat without complaint and these have been a hit here for years.  What's not to like about maple syrup, candied bacon and cranberries?

View Recipe

 

Maple Cream Coffee

Hot or iced, this is the perfect pick me up.  Bonus points if you use a maple flavored coffee!

View Recipe

 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Copycat Dunkin Donuts Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites

I'm a huge fan of the Dunkin Donuts Power Breakfast sandwich, so when I started seeing ads for the new Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites I stopped in and gave them a try.  They were delicious, but of course, I knew I could make them at home.  I started with the whites of six eggs. You can use pasturized whites if you don't want to do the whole separating, finding a use for the yolks thing.  I beat them up with some salt and pepper. Next up, the tomato and spinach.  I used grape tomatoes, seeded them and then chopped them into 1/4" pieces. I like baby spinach, and I took about 10 leaves and chopped those up into 1/4" pieces as well. I added that to the egg mixture.  When you pour it into the pans, be sure that it all gets evenly distributed.   They bake up pretty quickly, around 9 minutes or so.  Dunkin gives you two egg bites, the mini donut serving size is three. I pop them in ziplocs in the fridge and just pull a bag and reheat them in the microwave for a quick

Copycat Dunkin Donuts Bacon and Cheddar Omelet Bites

Since I already came up with a version of Dunkin Donuts new Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites for myself, I decided to make the other variety that they are offering, Bacon & Cheddar, for my husband. Super simple.  Beat up some eggs with salt and pepper.  Add in some shredded cheddar and a slice of bacon cut into 1/4" pieces (I used kitchen shears).  Bake them for about 9 minutes in sprayed mini donut pans. They baked up light and fluffy.  The bacon stayed crisp and there's just the perfect amount of cheese.   I split them up into portions in zip top bags and that way we can just grab a bag and warm them up. My husband laughed when I told him 3 is the serving size.  I'll definitely be doubling the recipe next time! Copycat Dunkin Donuts Bacon & Cheddar Omelette Bites Print With Image Without Image Author: Jolene's Recipe Journal Ingredients 4 large eggs 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon pepper 3T shredded cheddar cheese 1 slice cooked bacon, cut in 1/4" piec

Strawberry Pizzelles

Pizzelles are one of my favorite childhood cookies and I'm constantly looking for ways to put a new spin on them.  Since one of my favorite summer fruits is strawberries, I swapped out the vanilla in the original recipe with strawberry extract.  This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SummerDessertWeek !  I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of my recipes. All opinions are my own. I also added some red food coloring to give it a pink hue, but you can skip that if you like.  I use a cookie scoop to portion out the batter, it keeps all the pizzelles the same size, plus it's quicker than using two spoons.   They're delicious as is but you can take them over the top by fashioning them into a cylinder which we like to call fauxnoli.  You can pipe them full of whipped cream or buttercream.  If you want to prepare everything in advance, store the pizzelle in an airtight container, and the filling in a pastry or zip top bag in the f