Skip to main content

Caesar Burgers

 

It's getting to be that time of year when most of my cooking is done outside.   The guys can get sick of the same old burgers and hot dogs pretty quickly, so I'm always looking for new ways to dress them up.   I pinned these Caesar Burgers while back, and waited patiently for the rain to stop so I could make them.   

Didn't change a single thing for this one except the roll- I went with the classic sesame seed.   I loved the texture of the burger, the egg and crumb almost makes them "meatloaf-y", plus the cool crunch of the romaine and the creamy dressing.   These definitely will be a part of my regular burger rotation.

Lots of great recipes being shared this week from my fellow Taste of Home Community Cook!  I think I'll have one of everything  :)   Be sure to check out the links at the bottom of the post! Want to be a Taste of Home Community Cook? Check out the requirements and apply here!
                     

Caesar Burgers

Caesar Burgers
Author: Jolene's Recipe Journal

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
  • 1 egg -- lightly beaten
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 4 sourdough rolls -- split and warmed
TOPPINGS:
  • Torn romaine
  • Caesar salad dressing (I used Creamy)
  • Shredded Parmesan cheese

Instructions

  1. In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, egg, salt and pepper. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
  2. Press a shallow indentation in the center of each with your thumb. Brush both sides of patties with oil.
  3. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on rolls with toppings. Yield: 4 servings.
Source: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/caesar-burgers
burgers, caesar
Burgers, Lunch, Main Dishes
American
Created using The Recipes Generator



Making the Most of Naptime Bacon & Cheddar Sandwiches
Jolene's Recipe Journal Caesar Burgers
Red Cottage Chronicles Cinnamon Pecan Bars
Family Around The Table Chocolate Cake with Key Lime Cream Cheese


Comments

  1. Looks delectable. I can almost taste it. I love crunchy romaine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me far too long to discover romaine and baby spinach make great toppings for sandwiches!

      Delete
  2. This will make me eat more greens for sure! I'm a bit of a carnivore!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Us too, my husband thought they lacked something... like BACON!

      Delete
  3. I love the the caesar flavor so these sound right up my ally! Thanks for linking up to the National Hamburger Day Blog Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for hosting! My printer is working overtime with all the new recipes I found :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Copycat Dunkin Donuts Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites

I'm a huge fan of the Dunkin Donuts Power Breakfast sandwich, so when I started seeing ads for the new Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites I stopped in and gave them a try.  They were delicious, but of course, I knew I could make them at home.  I started with the whites of six eggs. You can use pasturized whites if you don't want to do the whole separating, finding a use for the yolks thing.  I beat them up with some salt and pepper. Next up, the tomato and spinach.  I used grape tomatoes, seeded them and then chopped them into 1/4" pieces. I like baby spinach, and I took about 10 leaves and chopped those up into 1/4" pieces as well. I added that to the egg mixture.  When you pour it into the pans, be sure that it all gets evenly distributed.   They bake up pretty quickly, around 9 minutes or so.  Dunkin gives you two egg bites, the mini donut serving size is three. I pop them in ziplocs in the fridge and just pull a bag and reheat them in the microwave for a quick

Copycat Dunkin Donuts Bacon and Cheddar Omelet Bites

Since I already came up with a version of Dunkin Donuts new Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites for myself, I decided to make the other variety that they are offering, Bacon & Cheddar, for my husband. Super simple.  Beat up some eggs with salt and pepper.  Add in some shredded cheddar and a slice of bacon cut into 1/4" pieces (I used kitchen shears).  Bake them for about 9 minutes in sprayed mini donut pans. They baked up light and fluffy.  The bacon stayed crisp and there's just the perfect amount of cheese.   I split them up into portions in zip top bags and that way we can just grab a bag and warm them up. My husband laughed when I told him 3 is the serving size.  I'll definitely be doubling the recipe next time! Copycat Dunkin Donuts Bacon & Cheddar Omelette Bites Print With Image Without Image Author: Jolene's Recipe Journal Ingredients 4 large eggs 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon pepper 3T shredded cheddar cheese 1 slice cooked bacon, cut in 1/4" piec

Double Layer Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Back in the day I used to bake from home for extra money.  This was one of the most popular items.  Cake mix sizes have changed and if you're using the 15.75 ounce ones bake them in 8" pans. If you want to use the 9" rounds, you can also use this cake mix upsizer to make up the difference between the old and new cake mix sizes.  If the layers are too thin, you'll never be able to flip and stack them without a mess. Be sure to keep track of which pan has the pineapple rings and cherries in it and which doesn't so that you can easily turn them out onto the plate in the right order.    Double Layer Pineapple Upside Down Cake Print With Image Without Image Author: Jolene's Recipe Journal Ingredients 10 ounce jar maraschino cherries, drained 1/2 stick butter 1/2 cup packed brown sugar 8 ounce can pineapple slices 8 ounce can crushed pineapple with juice 1 package yellow cake mix (15.75 ounces) Instructions Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt butter and coat the