Skip to main content

Apple Oatmeal Cookies

And the apple hits just keep on coming!   Today's recipe is Apple Oatmeal Cookies from Taste Of Home.   I've made several versions of cake mix cookies, and we always enjoy them.   No major changes to this one, except that I omitted the raisins because I didn't have any on hand.    They'd be great with Spice cake mix and Craisins.   They are good as is, but we took them over the top by sandwiching two of them together with some store bought cream cheese frosting that I added some cinnamon to.   Thank you so much to Nicki W for sharing the recipe! 

Be sure to go check out all the other great #AppleWeek recipes shared at the bottom of the post!



                     
* Exported from MasterCook *

                          Apple Oatmeal Cookies


  1            package  yellow cake mix (regular size)- mine was 15.25 oz
  1 1/2           cups  quick-cooking oats
     1/2           cup  packed brown sugar
  2          teaspoons  ground cinnamon
  1              large  egg
     3/4           cup  unsweetened applesauce
  1                cup  finely chopped peeled apple
     1/2           cup  raisins (omitted)

In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon. In a small bowl, combine the egg, applesauce, apple and raisins. Stir into oat mixture and mix well.

Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.

Source:
  "http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/apple-oatmeal-cookies"





Wednesday: Sweet Treats

Apple and Nut Drop Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Apple Brown Betty by Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids
Apple Cider Caramel Sauce by Cooking With Carlee
Apple Dumplings by A Palatable Pastime
 Apple Oatmeal Cookies by Jolene's Recipe Journal
Apple Pie & Cinnamon Things by Crafty Mama in ME
Apple Pie in a Jar by Grumpy's Honeybunch
 Baked Apples with Chocolate and Caramel by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
 Mini Apple Pie with Cheddar Crust by Amy's Cooking Adventures
Sparkling Cider Pound Cake by Family Around The Table


Comments

  1. Wow! We love cake mix cookies, but don't ever jazz them up quite this much. They look great and of course some cream cheese icing in the middle never hurt a thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my "fanciest" one yet- but still super easy!

      Delete
  2. I have never tried cake mix cookies but I am going to give it a shot with this luscious goodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a pretty serious cake mix addiction, so to be able to use them as something different is definitely a plus!

      Delete
  3. I love cake mix cookies and I love the idea of making them as a sandwich cookie. These are going on my fall harvest cookie list!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Copycat Dunkin Donuts Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites

I'm a huge fan of the Dunkin Donuts Power Breakfast sandwich, so when I started seeing ads for the new Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites I stopped in and gave them a try.  They were delicious, but of course, I knew I could make them at home.  I started with the whites of six eggs. You can use pasturized whites if you don't want to do the whole separating, finding a use for the yolks thing.  I beat them up with some salt and pepper. Next up, the tomato and spinach.  I used grape tomatoes, seeded them and then chopped them into 1/4" pieces. I like baby spinach, and I took about 10 leaves and chopped those up into 1/4" pieces as well. I added that to the egg mixture.  When you pour it into the pans, be sure that it all gets evenly distributed.   They bake up pretty quickly, around 9 minutes or so.  Dunkin gives you two egg bites, the mini donut serving size is three. I pop them in ziplocs in the fridge and just pull a bag and reheat them in the microwave for a quick

Copycat Dunkin Donuts Bacon and Cheddar Omelet Bites

Since I already came up with a version of Dunkin Donuts new Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites for myself, I decided to make the other variety that they are offering, Bacon & Cheddar, for my husband. Super simple.  Beat up some eggs with salt and pepper.  Add in some shredded cheddar and a slice of bacon cut into 1/4" pieces (I used kitchen shears).  Bake them for about 9 minutes in sprayed mini donut pans. They baked up light and fluffy.  The bacon stayed crisp and there's just the perfect amount of cheese.   I split them up into portions in zip top bags and that way we can just grab a bag and warm them up. My husband laughed when I told him 3 is the serving size.  I'll definitely be doubling the recipe next time! Copycat Dunkin Donuts Bacon & Cheddar Omelette Bites Print With Image Without Image Author: Jolene's Recipe Journal Ingredients 4 large eggs 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon pepper 3T shredded cheddar cheese 1 slice cooked bacon, cut in 1/4" piec

Double Layer Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Back in the day I used to bake from home for extra money.  This was one of the most popular items.  Cake mix sizes have changed and if you're using the 15.75 ounce ones bake them in 8" pans. If you want to use the 9" rounds, you can also use this cake mix upsizer to make up the difference between the old and new cake mix sizes.  If the layers are too thin, you'll never be able to flip and stack them without a mess. Be sure to keep track of which pan has the pineapple rings and cherries in it and which doesn't so that you can easily turn them out onto the plate in the right order.    Double Layer Pineapple Upside Down Cake Print With Image Without Image Author: Jolene's Recipe Journal Ingredients 10 ounce jar maraschino cherries, drained 1/2 stick butter 1/2 cup packed brown sugar 8 ounce can pineapple slices 8 ounce can crushed pineapple with juice 1 package yellow cake mix (15.75 ounces) Instructions Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt butter and coat the