Here we go, day 8 of the 12 days of Cookies! I don't make many sandwich cookies, but these Raspberry Coconut Cookies caught my eye when I was searching through the Taste of Home website.
I used whole milk, it's what we have on hand. I used a cookie scoop to get nice uniform cookies so it was easy to assemble the sandwiches. I used seedless raspberry preserves, since it's what my family prefers. They'd also be great with cherry or strawberry. Don't be tempted to pile the filling on, or you'll have a real big mess on your hands! Thank you to June B for the recipe :)
Raspberry Coconut Cookies
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen
- 3/4 cup butter -- softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter -- softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons 2% milk (I used whole)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves (I used seedless)
How to cook Raspberry Coconut Cookies
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, coconut, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 1-1/2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten with a glass dipped in flour.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on wire racks.
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Place 1/2 teaspoon preserves and a scant teaspoon of filling on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Created using The Recipes Generator
Welcome to the 12 Days of Cookies, hosted by Family Around the Table and Cooking With Carlee. We will be filling the season with all kinds of delicious cookies. Be sure to check out some of the recipes below or you can follow along on Facebook or Twitter by searching #ChristmasCookies. We also have a 12 Days of Cookies Pinterest board where you can see all of the goodness! May your holidays be sweet!
Almond Butter Cookies from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
Eggnog Hugs from Making the Most of Naptime
Hungarian Poppyseed Pinwheel Cookies from Palatable Pastime
Kourambiedes from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Melting Moments from Cooking With Carlee
Muddy Snowballs from Family Around the Table
Raspberry Coconut Cookies from Jolene's Recipe Journal