I loved the little bit of sweetness the brown sugar gave them, and the heat is easily to control. They made a great snack with some chips, and some excellent nachos, which disappeared so fast, I couldn't even get pictures. Thanks so much to Kim S for the recipe!
* Exported from MasterCook *
Zippy Tortilla Chips
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 corn tortillas (6 inches)
In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stack the tortillas; cut into six wedges. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
Spritz the wedges with cooking spray; sprinkle with seasoning mixture. Bake at 375° for 9-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Let’s have a fiesta of Cinco de Mayo inspired recipes all week long!
- Mango and Peach Margarita from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cheese Enchiladas Rojas from Palatable Pastime
- Zippy Tortilla Chips from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas from Frugal Pantry
- Quinoa and Black Bean Stuffed Peppers from The Chef Next Door
Check back each and every day for new recipes by following along with the hashtag #MexicanRecipes on social media.
Are you a food blogger interested in posting within our blogging community? Find out more by joining us online: Holiday Fun with Our Blog Friends.
Shared with the Weekend Potluck #272