My guys could eat chocolate chip cookies every day, and I'm always looking for fun spins on them. I found my second recipe for #ChristmasCookies week on the Taste of Home website. The cinnamon sugar on these really makes them different and fun. They have an amazing crisp/chewy texture that we loved. Thank you so much to Bonnie B. for sharing her recipe :) Her tip to use a pizza cutter to slice the cookies was brilliant!
So many awesome recipes being shared this week, I don't even know which one to try first. I'm having a great time deciding though! Scroll down to check them all out, and don't forget to enter for your chance to win a prize package from Nielsen Massey!
Norwegian Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: 5 dozen
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar, plus 3T
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
How to cook Norwegian Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/3 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide dough into four portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 15-in. rope. Place two ropes 4 in. apart on a parchment paper-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan; flatten each with a fork to 1/4-in. thickness.
- Mix cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle about 2 teaspoons mixture over each rectangle. Repeat with remaining ropes. Bake 15-17 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- Cool on pans 2 minutes; immediately cut each rectangle into 1-in. slices. Remove to wire racks to cool.
chocolate chips, cinnamon,
Created using The Recipes Generator
- Cardamom Shortbread by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chocolate Coconut Almond Dipped Shortbread by Making the Most of Naptime
- Big and Chewy Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies by Cooking with Carlee
- Chocolate Oreo Peppermint Cake Mix Cookies by Soulfully Made
- Chocolate Sugar Cookie Recipe by Making Miracles
- Christmas Sprinkle Cookies by Books n Cooks
- Chunky Cranberry Double Chip Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Coconut Cherry Snowballs by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Coffee Shortbread Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Advenutres
- Double Chocolate Nutella Sandwich Cookies by House of Nash Eats
- Eggnog Cookies by Caroline’s Cooking
- Frosted Eggnog Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Grandma's Gingersnap Cookies by Tip Garden
- Grinch Cookies by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Heavenly Almond Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck Sruvive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Red Velvet Whoopie Pies by The Freshman Cook
- Thin Mint Crinkle Cookies by Bear & Bug Eats
- Norwegian Chocolate Chip Cookies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Opa's Chocolate Chip Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Rudolph Reindeer Cookies by Everyday Eileen
- Snow Kisses by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Snowflake Cookies by The Redhead Baker
- Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies by The Bitter Side of Sweet
a Rafflecopter giveaway