Welcome to #EasterWeek! I'm still a little thrown off by how early Easter is this year, and to be honest, I haven't finalized my menu yet. My son has become the typical teenager who likes to sleep til noon, so I've been focusing my search on brunch type recipes.
We all love pancakes, and when I saw this recipe from Taste of Home, I knew I had to test it out.
The only change I made to the recipe was to use whole milk instead of 2%, it's what we always have on hand. I used a large cooke scoop for portioning the batter, it made it so easy to keep them uniform, and I got exactly 12 pancakes. The ricotta gives them a great texture, and they are filling without being heavy. These froze and reheated great, next time I will definitely double the batch, adding blueberries to some. Thank you Brehan K for sharing the recipe!
Thank you so much to Christie for hosting Easter Week, and to all the other #FestiveFoodies for sharing their #EasterRecipes! Be sure to check out the links at the bottom of the post and check back throughout the week for even more amazing recipes!
Orange Ricotta Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup 2 % milk, I used whole
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- maple syrup and confectioner's sugar (optional)
- In a bowl, whisk the first five ingredients.
- In another bowl, whisk egg, cheese, milk, orange peel, orange juice, melted butter and vanilla until blended.
- Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- Lightly grease a griddle; heat over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle.
- Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown.
- Turn; cook until second side is golden brown.
- Serve with syrup and confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 pancakes.
- Source: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/orange-ricotta-pancakes
citrus, pancakes, ricotta
Created using The Recipes Generator
Monday Easter Week Recipes
- Broccoli and Blue Cheese Gratin by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Bunny Cinnamon Rolls by Family Around the Table
- Bunny Mary by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Carrot Roll Cake by Cookaholic Wife
- Chocolate Dipped Robin's Egg Cookies by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Crunchy Easter Bird Nest Granola Bites by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Deviled eggs with creme Fraiche and herbs by Simple and Savory
- Easter M&M Blondies by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Easter Mini Chocolate Rum Cupcakes by Daily Dish Recipes
- Egg Benedict Quiche by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Orange Ricotta Pancakes by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Puff Pastry Eggs with Ham and Cheese by All that's Jas
- Sausage and Spinach Pie by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Tsoureki - Greek Easter Bread by Caroline's Cooking
- Whipped Ricotta Salad by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Shared at the Sweet Inspiration Link Party #99
I've always made lemon ricotta pancakes! I can't believe I've never tried it with orange. Thanks for the inspiration.ReplyDelete
Lemon sounds great too! And I think they'll be awesome with raspberries or blueberries.Delete
These sound delicious. I've never thought to put ricotta into my pancakes. Can't wait to try it.ReplyDelete
It's a great source of protein!Delete
These sound delicious and I can just imagine the flavor now! I'm think all they would need would be a little butter or maybe whipped cream on top! Thanks for linking the recipe up on the Celebrate 365 Easter Recipes Blog Party!ReplyDelete
Oh, whipped cream would be amazing! Thank you so much for hosting!Delete
Oh wow, these looks gorgeous! My house loves pancakes!ReplyDelete
We do too! For breakfast, lunch, brunch, or dinner ;)Delete