If you can't find the superfine sugar, you can make it at home by pulsing granulated sugar in a food processor to break the crystals down. This is NOT the same as powdered sugar. To get uniform cookies, I like to use a cookie scoop. This helps them all bake evenly.
These are great on their own, but they make wicked good ice cream sandwiches too! If you aren't a fan of white chocolate, you definitely can use semi-sweet, milk or dark. I've also used cherry flavored dried cranberries in place of the cherries.
Thank you to Ellen from Family Around the Table for hosting our Red, White and Blue celebration and to all of the #FestiveFoodies for sharing their #4thofJulyrecipes!
American Pride Cookies
- 2 sticks butter -- softened
- 3/4c superfine sugar
- 3/4c light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4c bread flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1t salt
- 1c dried cherries or dried cherry flavored cranberries
- 1c dried blueberries
- 2/3c white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate
- Beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Beat in eggs. Sift in flour, salt and baking powder. Mix to combine. Add cranberries, blueberries and white chocolate chips, mix well. Chill mixture for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Using a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop dough onto parchment-lined sheets, 8 per sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let cool 5 minute on sheets, then move to wire rack to cool completely.
Adapted from a recipe I created for a local cookie contest in September 2005.
blueberries, cherries, white chocolate
Cookies, Dessert, 4th of July, Patriotic
Created using The Recipes Generator
- American Pride Cookies by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Berry Sangria Macaron by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Cherry Berry Buckle Cake by Cookaholic Wife
- Firecracker Marshmallow Pops by Family Around the Table
- Firecracker Roll by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Patriotic Pudding Firecrackers by Daily Dish Recipes
- Patriotic S'mores Brownies by Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Red White and Blue Burger Bites by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Red, White, and Blue Chia Puddings by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Red, White and Blue Fruit Salad by Simple and Savory
- Red, White, and Blue Popcorn by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Red, White, & Blue Ricotta Ice Cream by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice