Just a few minor changes to this one. I used whole milk instead of 2%, it's what we had on hand this week. I used caramel extract instead of vanilla. I scooped the first 6 muffins, and then I added blueberries from our bushes to the second half of the batter. I got 10 muffins, but I fill the cup the whole way instead of 2/3rds.
#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all our of lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday, can be found on our home page. Thanks so much to Stacy for hosting and to all the other awesome bloggers who shared recipes today!
Brown Sugar Oat Muffins
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk (used whole)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (used caramel extract)
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another small bowl, beat the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
brown sugar, oats, muffins
Muffins, breakfast, dessert, snacks
Created using The Recipes Generator
- Apple and Date Muffins from Food Lust People Love
- Brown Sugar Oat Muffins from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Cinnamon Brown Sugar and Golden Raisin Muffins from Kelli's Kitchen
- Fresh Peach Streusel Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Rhubarb-Ginger Muffins with Rhubarb Streusel from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Sugar-Free Mango Coconut Muffins from Palatable Pastime