This comes together so quickly, and I didn't change a thing, except to use sliced cherry tomatoes instead of full sized ones. I loved getting all the flavors of the traditional dish but in a lighter, healthier way. If you don't have a grill, you definitely can do these inside on a grill pan and finish it under the broiler, or on a panini press. Thank you so much to Joann P. for sharing her recipe.
I hope that you've enjoyed #FarmersMarketWeek as much as I have! Thank you again to Ellen and Christie for hosting, and to all of the #FestiveFoodies for sharing their amazing recipes!
Grilled Eggplant Parmesan Stacks
- 1 large eggplant (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 log (1 pound) fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into sixteen slices
- 1 large tomato, cut into eight slices
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh basil or parsley
How to cook Grilled Eggplant Parmesan Stacks
- Trim ends of eggplant; cut eggplant crosswise into eight slices. Sprinkle with salt; let stand 5 minutes.
- Blot eggplant dry with paper towels; brush both sides with oil and sprinkle with pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until tender. Remove from grill.
- Top eggplant with mozzarella cheese, tomato and Parmesan cheese. Grill, covered, 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese begins to melt. Top with basil. Yield: 4 servings.
- Source: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/grilled-eggplant-parmesan-stacks
Appetizers, Snacks, Main Dishes, Vegetables
Created using The Recipes Generator
Friday #FarmersMarketWeek Recipes
- Bourbon Roasted Cherry Ice Cream by The Redhead Baker
- Broccoli Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Brown Butter-Braised Salmon by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Charlotte de Chou et de Pommes de Terre by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Homemade Mint Ginger Lemonad by Everyday Eileen
- Green Beans with Bacon by Simple and Savory
- Grilled Eggplant Parmesan Stacks by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Lemon Sorbet by Family Around the Table
- Old Bay Corn by Cookaholic Wife
- Panzanella Salad by Caroline's Cooking
- Peach Rose Sangria by Books n' Cooks
- Roasted Peach Lemonade by Kate's Recipe Box
- Satay Beef Noodle Bowl by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Strawberry Olive Oil Cake by The Baking Fairy
- Summer Corn Salad by Cooking With Carlee
- Summer Veggie and Shrimp Quesadilla by The Freshman Cook
- Watermelon Basil Feta Salad by House of Nash Eats