I didn't make any changes to this recipe. The stuffing comes together quickly, while the squash is in the oven. If you can't find acorn, this would be great in butternut or delicata too. I vacuum sealed and froze some, and they reheated perfectly. Thank you to Dorothy P. for sharing her recipe!
Thank you again to Caroline for hosting #CranberryWeek, and to all of the #FestiveFoodies for sharing their recipes. I've added a bunch to my to-try list, and I hope you have too!
Acorn Squash with Cranberry Stuffing
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
How to cook Acorn Squash with Cranberry Stuffing
- Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Cut a thin slice from the bottom of squash halves so they sit flat. Place squash hollow side down in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Add 1/2 in. of water. Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Add the apple, salt, lemon juice and pepper. Cook, uncovered, over medium-low heat until apple is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the cranberries, sugar and water. Cook and stir until berries pop and liquid is syrupy.
- Turn squash halves over; fill with cranberry mixture. Cover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until squash is tender.
Created using The Recipes Generator
- Acorn Squash with Cranberry Stuffing from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Cranberry Balsamic Chicken Thighs from The Redhead Baker
- Cranberry Pecan Doughnuts from Kate's Recipe Box
- Cranberry Walnut Rugelagh from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Cranberry White Chocolate Rosemary Scones from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Low-Sugar Blood Orange Cranberry Sauce from Palatable Pastime
- Sage Turkey Meatballs with Cranberry Dipping Sauce from Cookaholic Wife
- Vanilla Rum Sugared Cranberries from Daily Dish Recipes
- Venison Chops with Apple Cranberry Sauce from The Gingered Whisk