I'm excited to be joining the Muffin Monday bakers again this month! Muffins are always a hit around here, but I tend to make the same varieties over and over. I was browsing recipes for this month when I came across these Cranberry Sweet Potato Muffins from Taste of Home.
I made some slight changes to the recipe. I only had a half a cup of fresh cranberries left over from another recipe, but I had some dried cranberries on hand to make up the difference. Instead of the recommended cinnamon sugar topping, I used raw sugar.
The finished muffins are such a beautiful color, and the taste is amazing! They aren't overly sweet, which is nice. They were great plain, but also excellent griddled and spread with a little cream cheese. Thank you so much to Diane M. for sharing her recipe.
#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all our of lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday, can be found on our home page.
Thanks so much to Stacy for hosting and to all the other awesome bloggers who shared recipes today!
Cranberry Sweet Potato Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cold mashed sweet potatoes (without added butter or milk)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Raw sugar
How to cook Cranberry Sweet Potato Muffins
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. In a small bowl, combine the egg, milk, sweet potatoes and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- Fill 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffins comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
cranberries, sweet potato
Muffins, snacks, breakfast
Created using The Recipes Generator
- Artichoke Dip Mini Muffins from Food Lust People Love
- Cranberry Sweet Potato Muffins from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Jalapeño Cheddar Mini Muffin Appetizers from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Lemon and Candied Ginger Muffins from Palatable Pastime
- Wine Muffins from Passion Kneaded
I think these must be better with the dried cranberry/fresh cranberry mix, Jolene. Sometimes only fresh can be a bit tart. They would be perfect for Christmas morning!ReplyDelete
I agree, and there's not a ton of sugar to offset the tartness, so I'm very happy I did half fresh and half dried!Delete
I can imagine these with a spread of sweetened up cranberry butter.ReplyDelete
Love the idea of mixing fresh and dried cranberries! Griddling them and then spreading them with cream cheese sounds amazing.ReplyDelete
Really love the colour of your muffins!ReplyDelete