I really hope that you are enjoying Christmas Cookies Week
as much as I am! For my last recipe, I chose a recipe that showcased one of my
family's favorite flavors, lemon. We are
all huge fans of sandwich cookies as well, so I knew this one would be a winner.
The dough ingredients are pantry staples, and it comes together so quickly. I used a cookie scoop to portion the dough, which make getting uniform cookies a breeze. I snuck a spoonful of the filling before I started assembling cookies, and I could've eaten the whole bowl, it was so good.
These cookies are so tender, they practically melt in your mouth. If you're not going to eat them right away, be sure to keep them in the fridge. Thank you so much to Bernice M. for sharing this recipe. It's definitely going to be made again and again.
Huge thanks to Ellen from Family Around the Table and Christie from A Kitchen Hoors Adventures for all their hard work making this event happen. I can't wait to spend some time this weekend going through all the other #FestiveFoodie bloggers recipes and making my to-try list!
Don't pass up the chance to win one of the prize packs from our sponsors, Adams Extract, Silpat, Sprinkle Pop and Yum Goggle by using the form down below. If you'd like to see a detailed breakdown of the prizes, go here.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons butter
- Additional confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter, confectioners' sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Gradually beat in flour. Shape teaspoonfuls of dough into balls (if necessary, refrigerate dough, covered, until firm enough to shape). Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly with bottom of a glass dipped in granulated sugar. Bake until light brown, 10-12 minutes. Remove cookies from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, whisk together egg, sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice in a small heavy saucepan over medium-low heat until blended. Add butter; cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until thickened and a thermometer reads at least 170°, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat immediately (do not allow to boil). Transfer to a small bowl; cool. Press plastic wrap onto surface of filling. Refrigerate until cold, about 1 hour.
- To serve, spread lemon filling on half of cookies; cover with remaining cookies. If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar. Store leftovers in refrigerator. Freeze option: Freeze unfilled, undecorated cookies in freezer containers. To use, thaw cookies in covered containers. Fill and decorate as directed.
- Source: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/lemon-snowdrops/
#ChristmasCookiesWeek Friday Recipes
- Chocolate-Dipped Almond Biscotti by House of Nash Eats
- Andes Mint Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Brownie Cookies by Books n' Cooks
- Bubble Light Sugar Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Chocolate Cutout Sugar Cookies by Everyday Eileen
- Chocolate Dipped Chocolate Madeleines by Family Around The Table
- Christmas Ornament Cookies by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Christmas Tree Meringue Cookies by The Redhead Baker
- Eggnog Snickerdoodle Cookies with Eggnog Glaze by Love and Confections
- Figgy Pudding Thumbprints by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Frosted Chocolate Cherry Almond Bars by YumGoggle
- Cream Cheese Buttons with a Dark Chocolate Drizzle by Kate's Recipe Box
- Gingerbread Cookie Stars by The Freshman Cook
- Holiday Lights Sugar Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Lemon Snowdrops by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Merry Moose Cookies by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Classic No Bake Cookies by Corn, Beans, Pigs & Kids
- Ooey, Gooey Gingerbread Bars by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Pecan Shortbread Trees by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Perfectly Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies by Tip Garden
- Peppermint Meltaway Cookies by Soulfully Made
- Sour Cream Cookies by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Sour Cream Cut Out Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Spiced Chocolate Cut Out Cookies with Marble Glaze by The Baking Fairy
- Sweet Potato Pie Cookies by Kelly Lynn's Sweets and Treats
- Whoville Christmas Wreath Sugar Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
Disclaimer: Thank you #ChristmasCookiesWeek sponsors: Adams Extract, Sprinkle Pop, YumGoggle and Silpat for providing the prizes free of charge. The #ChristmasCookiesWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Four (4) winners will be selected at random from entries recevied. The prize packages will be fulfilled by and sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. #ChristmasCookiesWeek bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household are not eligible enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #ChristmasCookiesWeek posts or entry.