This post is sponsored in conjunction with ChristmasCookiesWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the ChristmasCookiesWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
For my third Christmas Cookies Week recipe, I wanted to try a little something different. I ran across this recipe for Waffle Iron Cookies from Taste of Home on Pinterest, and they looked so fun to make! Though I own two waffle irons, both of them are considered "Belgian" models. I used the one that seemed more shallow of the two, and just allowed extra time for them to cook.
The original recipe called for a dusting of powdered sugar, but I thought I'd make them a little more festive with a glaze and some sprinkles. I love how they collect in the little squares. Since my iron was a little deeper than a regular one, I got 24 cookies from the recipe. They disappeared very, very quickly. Thanks so much to Judy T. for sharing her recipe!
Be sure to go and see what the other #ChristmasCookieWeek participants are sharing using the links below. Don't forget to enter the giveaway for your chance to win one of the prize packages from our generous sponsors! Details on the prizes can be found here.
Waffle Iron Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4c confectioners' sugar
- 1t vanilla
- 1 to 2T milk
How to cook Waffle Iron Cookies
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture (mixture will be thick).
- Drop dough in batches by tablespoonfuls 3-4 in. apart onto a greased preheated waffle iron. Bake 2-3 minutes or until dark brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Combine confectioner's sugar, vanilla and milk together to desired consistency. Drizzle over cookies with a fork. Top with sprinkles.
waffle iron, cookies
Cookies, desserts, holiday
Created using The Recipes Generator
#ChristmasCookiesWeek Wednesday Recipes
- Andes Mint Chocolate Brownies by Hardly A Goddess
- Snickerdoodle Crinkle Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Brownie Bites with Peppermint Buttercream by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Brown Sugar Pecan Christmas Tree Cookies by Family Around The Table
- Chocolate Chip Vanilla Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Chocolate Peppermint Thumbprint Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Cinnamon Roll No Bake Cookies by Kelly Lynn's Sweets and Treats
- Eggnog Macarons by The Redhead Baker
- Ginger Crinkle Cookies by Bear & Bug Eats
- Crispy Gingersnap Cookies by Everyday Eileen
- Holiday Cut-Out Sugar Cookies by Corn, Beans, Pigs & Kids
- Irish Shortbread Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Oatmeal Cranberry Walnut Cookies by Tip Garden
- Purely Peppermint Shortbread by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Turkish Baklava by House of Nash Eats
- Vegan Peppermint Bark Madeleines by The Baking Fairy
- Waffle Iron Cookies by Jolene's Recipe Journal
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclaimer: Thank you #ChristmasCookiesWeek sponsors: Adams Extract, Sprinkle Pop, YumGoggle and Silpat for providing the prizes free of charge. The #ChristmasCookiesWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Four (4) winners will be selected at random from entries recevied. The prize packages will be fulfilled by and sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. #ChristmasCookiesWeek bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household are not eligible enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #ChristmasCookiesWeek posts or entry.