January is a time when many people make the decision to eat healthier. I personally made that decision in October 2017, and I've lost 50lbs! Now if you are a follower of the blog, you know I'm not eating all healthy 100% of the time, I'm a big believer in enjoying everything in moderation.
It's so much easier to eat things that are good for you if they're pleasing to the eye, and have great textures. This Balsamic Chicken Fettuccine from the Taste of Home test kitchen is one of those dishes. I didn't make any changes to the recipe this time, though I will definitely switch to in season fresh tomatoes and broccoli when they are available.
I added the mushrooms, but I'm going to admit that I'm not really the biggest fan. I'll also be upfront that my guys would not touch most of this one with a ten foot pole. They are avid veggie haters. The great thing about this is, they'll eat the chicken and the pasta, and I can mix the veggies just into my serving.
Thanks so much to Heather and Christie for hosting this event. Be sure to go and check out the links down below to see the other amazing dishes being shared today! You can also join the Facebook group to see what we we are sharing from #OurFamilyTable here.
Balsamic Chicken Fettucine
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (14-1/2 ounces each) undrained
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon vinaigrette until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in 1 tablespoon vinaigrette until tender. Add the tomatoes, broccoli, Italian seasoning and remaining vinaigrette; cook 5-6 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Drain fettuccine. Add fettuccine and chicken to skillet and toss to coat.
Chicken, Pasta, healthy
Dinner, lunch, healthy
Created using The Recipes Generator
- Balsamic Chicken Fettucine by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Barbecue Chicken Spaghetti Squash Boats by Kate's Recipe Box
- Beef Black Rice Casserole by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower by Palatable Pastime
- Healthier Chicken Paprikash by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lightened Up Green Goddess Dip by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Moroccan Pad Thai by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Thai Chicken Salads by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Turkey Burrito Bowls by Sweet Beginnings