This is a super simple recipe, and I only made one slight change. Both of my guys are allergic to tree nuts, so at the very end, I split the batch in two and only add the almond to "my" half. You definitely can go with other extracts as well, caramel would be great, or mint.
You can cap it off with mini marshmallows or some whipped cream, but it's really good on it's own. Thank you so much to Vicky H. for sharing her recipe! Be sure to swing by the other #FestiveFoodies pages and see what they're serving up today using the links down below. Thank you to Ellen from Family Around the Table for hosting!
Vanilla Almond Hot Cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups 2% milk
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Miniature marshmallows, optional
In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa and salt. Stir in milk and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in extracts. Serve in mugs with marshmallows if desired.
vanilla, almond, hot chocolate
Created using The Recipes Generator
- Bulletproof Chai Tea by Our Good Life
- Caramel Marshmallow Latte by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cranberry-Pomegranate Apple Cider by Books n’ Cooks
- Hot Citrus Cider by Family Around the Table
- Irish Coffee for Winter by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Jamaican Tea Toddy by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry White Hot Chocolate by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Vanilla Almond Hot Cocoa by Jolene’s Recipe Journal