Waffles are another one of my favorite foods, so the idea of combining the two of them together just sounded so good to me! I love that the recipe starts with a couple of cans of crescent roll dough, I always keep some on hand. If you can snag the un-perforated sheets, then it saves you from having to pinch seams.
I'm going to admit, I used more cheese than what was called for. I had 2 cup bag of mozzarella, and I combined it with the 1/2 cup Parmesan. I made them two ways. The first set I did as the recipe stated. The second, I spooned some sauce inside. Not a lot, maybe 1/4 cup or so. You don't want to overload it so that it oozes out or you'll have a mess to clean up.
These were going so fast, I had to hide some to take pictures. Speaking of pictures, I really wish I had the photography skills to get that shot of the cheese just oozing out of the waffles, but I don't. Please rest assured that the center of these waffles are stuffed with cheesy deliciousness. I sprinkled some more Parmesan and pepperoni on top for good measure.
Thank you so much to Amy from House of Nash Eats for hosting and to all of the #FestiveFoodies for sharing their #NationalCheeseLoversDay recipes! Be sure to go and see what they made by using the links down below.
Waffled Pizza Bites
- 1 1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese- I used 2c
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 32 slices pepperoni (about 2 ounces)
- 1 jar pizza sauce (14 ounces) warmed
- Optional toppings: sliced pepperoni, shredded mozzarella cheese and basil
How to cook Waffled Pizza Bites
- In a small bowl, combine the cheeses, basil and oregano. Separate each roll of crescent dough into two 7x6-in. rectangles; seal perforations.
- Place one rectangle on a preheated greased 8-in. square waffle maker (dough will not cover entire surface). Layer with half the cheese mixture and half the pepperoni to 1/2 in. of edges; top with another rectangle. Bake until golden brown, 4-5 minutes. Repeat.
- Remove to a cutting board and cool slightly. Cut each rectangle into four triangles; serve warm with pizza sauce and, if desired, toppings.
Piizza bites, pepperoni
Appetizers, snacks, game day food
Created using The Recipes Generator
Chicken Madeira by House of Nash Eats
Gooey, Gorgeous Raclette from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Easy Italian Sausage Pasta Bake from Cooking For My Soul
Extra Cheesy Garlic Bread from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Slow Cooker Creamy Mac and Cheese with Bacon from Cheese Curd in Paradise
Baked Parmesan Cheddar Crisps from Blogghetti
Smoky Beer Cheese Dip with White Cheddar from Food Above Gold
Layered Chili Mac and Cheese from Palatable Pastime
Cheese Danish from Kate’s Recipe Box
Macaroni and Cheese Pierogi from The Spiffy Cookie
Waffled Pizza Bites from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Pizza Grilled Cheese from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Sweet Gherkin Pimento Cheese Spread from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
Easy Cheese Sauce from The Gingered Whisk
Creamy Homemade White Cheddar Mac n Cheese from Jonesin’ for Taste
Adjaruli Khachapuri (Georgian Cheese Bread) from Caroline’s Cooking
Cheese Charcuterie and Pickled Onions from Our Good Life