But even narrowing it down to that led me to so many amazing variations. I decided to look through my cabinets and let the ingredients I had dictate the flavors. Since I am overrun with baking chips at the moment, that made these Chocolate Chip Scones from Taste of Home the perfect choice.
These were so quick and simple to make! You definitely could use any flavor chips you like, or even dried fruit. I'd have loved some chopped dried cherries mixed in along with the chips, but my my guys wouldn't have. Next time I'll make a batch just for myself that way.
These were perfect with a cup of tea, and made great after school snacks too. Thanks so much to Diane F for sharing her recipe! Be sure to go and see what the rest of the #BakingBloggers made this month by clicking the links down at the bottom of the post.
Chocolate Chip Scones
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
How to cook Chocolate Chip Scones
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, combine egg and cream; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead gently 6-8 times. Pat into a 6-in. circle. Cut dough into 6 wedges. Separate wedges and place 1 in. on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
- Source: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/chocolate-chip-scones/
Created using The Recipes Generator
- Bread & Butter Pudding by Sneha's Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Scones by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Eccles Cakes by Caroline's Cooking
- English Granary-Style Bread by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Fat Rascals by Palatable Pastime
- Jammie Dodgers by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Mini Toad in the Hole by Sid's Sea Palm Cooking
- Raspberry Bakewell Tarts by Pandemonium Noshery
- Salmon in Puff Pastry by Reviews, Chews & How-Tos
- Sticky Toffee Pudding by Cookaholic Wife
- Strawberry Dark Chocolate Shortbread Biscuits by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Traditional Scottish Shortbread with Rose by The Schizo Chef
- Wizarding World Chocolate Trifle by Simple Inspired Meals