When you're having a barbecue, the last thing you need is to be stressed out, it's supposed to be fun! For me, one of the best ways to avoid that is to choose a few simple make ahead recipes, like this Balsamic Three Bean Salad.
You start out with some fresh green beans, trimmed and steamed until crisp tender. Or maybe you don't. Maybe you pick up a bag of frozen "steam in bag" green beans and no one is the wiser! I'll never tell. That being said, the one step you do not want to skimp or skip is draining and rinsing the canned beans, trust me on that one!
Using the bottled vinaigrette definitely makes things easy, but you can quickly throw together your own if you aren't a fan of store bought. The longer this sits the better, I liked it the same day, but I really loved it the next day.
Another day of #BBQWeek is in the books! Scroll down below the recipe to see what the other bloggers are sharing today, and check out any recipes you may have missed on the BBQ Week Pinterest board.
Balsamic Three Bean Salad
prep time: 20 Mcook time: total time: 20 M
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans kidney beans (16 ounces each) rinsed and drained
- 2 cans cannellini beans (15 ounces each) rinsed and drained
- 4 fresh basil leaves, torn
How to cook Balsamic Three Bean Salad
- Fill a Dutch oven three-fourths full with water; bring to a boil. Add green beans; cook, uncovered, 3-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, whisk vinaigrette, sugar, garlic and salt until sugar is dissolved. Add canned beans and green beans; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours. Stir in basil just before serving.
Created using The Recipes Generator
- Balsamic Three Bean Salad by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Berry Ice Box Cake by Back To My Southern Roots
- Boozy Bourbon Cupcakes by Cookaholic Wife
- Caesar Cole Slaw by Palatable Pastime
- Grilled Brie by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Grilled Chicken Wings with Carrot Habanero Hot Sauce and Blue Cheese by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Grilled Halloumi Over Hummus by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Grilled Steak with Guajillo Pepper Chimichurri by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Homemade Watermelon Lemonade by Daily Dish Recipes
- Lemon Dill Tortellini Salad by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- London Broil Sandwiches by The Freshman Cook
- Parsley Chive Butter by Family Around the Table
- Roasted Strawberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce by Food Above Gold
- Watermelon Mint Moscow Mule by Sweet Beginnings