I'm wrapping up BBQ Week with an festive and delicious dessert, Sugar Cone Chocolate Chip Cookies. My guys love cookies in all forms, but ones with chocolate chips always go over especially well. These are even more fun because they have little bits of ice cream cone and sprinkles!
I tweaked the recipe a bit due to my family's taste and also due to a slight reading comprehension problem. I switched out the milk chocolate chips for semi sweet. I scanned the recipe quickly and used baking powder instead of baking soda, so then I covered my bases and ended up using both.
I'm a big fan of using a scoop for nice uniformly shaped and well-baked cookies. Using a 1 tablespoon scoop with some slightly overfill, I got 4 dozen cookies. Mine baked in about 11 minutes because they were slightly larger. I left them on the sheets for about a minute or so more, then moved them to racks to cool completely.
Thank you again to Ellen and Christie for hosting #BBQWeek and to all of the other bloggers for sharing their amazing recipes! My summer menu plan is filling up nicely!
Sugar Cone Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: 6 dozen
prep time: 25 Mcook time: 10 Mtotal time: 35 M
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups coarsely crushed ice cream sugar cones (about 16)
- 1 cup sprinkles
How to cook Sugar Cone Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips, crushed sugar cones, and sprinkles.
- Using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop, drop dough onto parchment lined sheets. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes. Let cool on sheets one minute, then move to wire rack to cool completely.
- Source: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/sugar-cone-chocolate-chip-cookies/
Created using The Recipes Generator
- Asian Inspired Short Rib Burger by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Best Margarita Recipe by Family Around the Table
- Crying Tiger by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Easy Pistachio Cupcakes with Pistachio Frosting by Daily Dish Recipes
- Grilled Doughnuts with Strawberry Basil Dip by Kate's Recipe Box
- Hawaiian Chicken Sliders by The Beard and The Baker
- Key Lime Pie Mojitos by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Lime Curd Frozen Custard by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Pimm's Cup Cocktail by Caroline's Cooking
- Savory Garlic Grilled Potatoes by Palatable Pastime
- Smoked BBQ Pork Steaks by Our Good Life
- Ridiculously Good Dry Rub for Ribs by Food Above Gold
- Sugar Cone Chocolate Chip Cookies by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Tuscan Style Tuna Steaks by A Day in the Life on the Farm