I hope you are enjoying #BlueberryWeek so far, I know I am! One of my favorite ways to use blueberries is in quick breads. I'd pinned a recipe from Taste of Home for Glazed Coconut Banana Bread, and on the day I made it I'd picked just about a cup of blueberries from the bushes in our yard and I thought, why not toss them in?
Hate when fruit sinks to the bottom when making baked goods? My grandmother taught me to take some of the flour called for in the recipe (about a tablespoon) and toss it with the berries. This helps to keep the berries distributed evenly throughout the bread or muffins.
We really enjoyed this one, and I'm looking forward to making it again now that our bushes are producing more consistently. Quick breads freeze and defrost really well, just leave off the glaze. I wrap them in one layer of Press N Seal, and then put them into a zip top bag. Once defrosted, you can then add the glaze or sprinkle with some turbinado sugar.
Thank you to Ellen from Family Around the Table and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures for hosting #BlueberryWeek. More than 20 top notch bloggers are sharing a variety of blueberry recipes from breakfast to dessert. Follow #BlueberryWeek on social media so you don't miss one delicious recipe!
Glazed Blueberry Banana Coconut Bread
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (1T reserved)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1c fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
How to cook Glazed Blueberry Banana Coconut Bread
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 9x5-in. loaf pan. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas, yogurt, apple juice and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; stir into butter mixture. Toss blueberries with reserved tablespoon of flour, and fold in along with 1/2 cup coconut.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining coconut. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioner's sugar and lime juice until smooth; spoon over warm bread.
coconut, blueberry, banana, quick bread
Created using The Recipes Generator
Blueberry Week Recipes Breakfast
- Blueberry Cheesecake Crescent Coffee Braid by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Orange Bread by Family Around the Table
- Fluffy Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes by Food Above Gold
- Glazed Blueberry Banana Coconut Bread by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Bare Knuckle Bourbon Blueberry Barbecue Sauce by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Summer Salad with Greens, Microflowers, and Berries by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Blueberry Galette by Caroline's Cooking
- Blueberry Goat Cheese Ice Cream Bars by Crumb Top Baking
- Blueberry Crumb Bars by Sweet Beginnings
- Peachy Blueberry Hand Pies by The Freshman Cook
- Rosemary Linzer Cookies with Blueberry Preserves by The Spiffy Cookie