This post is sponsored in conjunction with #AppleWeek . I received complimentary product from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of my #AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
There's one thing that's always sure to be a winner at my house, and that's cookies. I've been making this recipe since 2006, when I submitted it as an entry in my town's cookie contest and won my category.
I took that recipe and incorporated some of my favorite new products into it. For part of the flour, I substituted Flahavan's Irish Rolled Oats. Instead of vanilla extract, I used Taylor & Colledge Vanilla Bean Paste. And to make the delicious apple filling, I stirred in Chocoley's Gourmet Caramel.
I'm so happy with the way these turned out. The oats give the cookies a great texture. I also think that oats + fruit make these perfectly acceptable for breakfast! Using vanilla bean paste instead of extract gives the cookies a much richer, fuller vanilla taste. And using the Gourmet caramel is such a great shortcut over doing it from scratch! Now I need to find another contest to enter them in!
Oatmeal Caramel Apple Thumbprints
Yield: 2 dozen
- For the cookies:
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon Taylor & Colledge Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1/2c Flahavan's Oats
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For the filling:
- 3 Envy apples (about 2 pounds), peeled, cored, diced small (1/4")
- 1/4 cup apple juice or cider
- 3 T Chocoley Gourmet Caramel
- Preheat oven to 375º. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together brown sugar and butter. Add egg yolks and vanilla, mix well. Stir in flour and salt. Roll into 1 inch balls or use a cookie scoop. Place on sheets 1" apart.
- Bake in 375º degree oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven. Quickly indent each cookie center with thumb (I use a tart tamper). Bake 10 to 12 minutes longer. Cool completely on the baking sheets.
- For Filling: Combine apples and apple juice in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently. Lower heat to medium; cook for another 2 to 3 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in caramel. Coat apples completely. Cool. Fill each cooled cookie with 1t filling.
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases
apple, caramel, oats, cookies
Created using The Recipes Generator
- Air Fried Apple Fries with Caramel Cheesecake Dip by Our Good Life
- Air Fryer Chocolate Glazed Apple Hand Pies by Blogghetti
- Apple Cider Cheesecake Bars by Snacks and Sips
- Apple Cider Tea Chicken with Apples & Sweet Potato by Books n' Cooks
- Apple "Donut" Monsters by An Affair from the Heart
- Apple Pie Pizza by Kate's Recipe Box
- Apple Pie Truffles by Caroline's Cooking
- Apples and Honeycomb Chocolate Bars by The Monday Box
- Baked Apples and Cinnamon Overnight Oats by Simple and Savory
- Caramel Apple Cider Slushies by Savory Moments
- Frosty Apple Cocktail by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Green Appletini by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Oatmeal Caramel Apple Thumbprints by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Peanut Butter Apple Blondies by Cookaholic Wife
- Rag Top Apple Cobbler by Palatable Pastime
- Soda-Glazed Crescent Roll Apple Dumplings by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Rustic Buttermilk Apple Cake by Cooking With Carlee
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclaimer: Thank you AppleWeek Sponsors: Envy Apples, Bob’s Red Mill, Republic of Tea, Flahavan’s Irish Oats, Nairn’s, Taylor & College, Zyliss, Chocoley, and Torani for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Nine (9) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The AppleWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts or entry.