I am a fan of all things gingerbread, desserts, coffee, you name it. I've got quite the stockpile of recipes in my to-try file, but when I ran across these Caramel Gingerbread Cupcakes from Taste of Home, they went directly to the top of the list!
The only things I changed was to use whole milk instead of 2%, that's what we keep on hand. I also ground the nutmeg, cloves, and ginger fresh in a spice mill. The smell was amazing!
I'm going to be upfront and say, my piping skills are terrible. I have such beautiful designs planned in my mind, but they rarely make it to the item that I'm decorating. That's when I bust out the sprinkles! Sprinkles just make everything more attractive. In this case, I used Sweets and Treats Reindeer Food Mix.
This is my last recipe for #ChristmasSweetsWeek, but I'll definitely be checking out what the rest of the bloggers share over the next few days and you should too! Thanks so much again to Terri and Christie for hosting!
Caramel Gingerbread Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon caramel extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon caramel extract
- 2 tablespoons milk (2 to 3)
- Caramel sundae syrup (omitted)- I used sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 10 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Whisk together first nine ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together egg, milk, oil, molasses and extracts. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Fill prepared cups two-thirds full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 15-18 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks; cool completely.
- For frosting, beat confectioners’ sugar, butter, extract and enough milk to reach desired consistency. Spread over cupcakes. Drizzle with caramel syrup before serving.
Created using The Recipes Generator
Welcome to #ChristmasSweetsWeek 2019! Co-hosted by Terri from Love and Confections and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures! What better way to celebrate the holidays than with food and fun? 25 bloggers from around the country have come together to share some of their favorite sweet Christmas recipes!! Deck the halls and get ready for very merry sweet treats, like fudge, cookies, Christmas morning breakfasts, layer cakes, cocoa, and more! Follow along on social media with our #ChristmasSweetsWeek hashtag. Happy Holidays!
Enjoy these #ChristmasSweetsWeek recipes from our bloggers:Christmas Beverages:
White Cranberry Moscow Mule from Love and Confections
Sugarplum Pinwheels from Palatable Pastime
Christmas Pastries and Desserts:
Candy Cane Rice Krispies Treats from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
Caramel Gingerbread Cupcakes from Jolene's Recipe Journal
Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bread from Sweet Beginnings
Easy Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies from Blogghetti
Powdered Sugar Pound Cake with Pecans from Shockingly Delicious
Snow Globe Cake from The Redhead Baker
Chocolate Saltine Cracker Toffee from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Gingerbread Truffles from Daily Dish Recipes