I'm excited to be joining the #MuffinMonday bakers this month, it's been a while! I keep a board on Pinterest full of muffin recipes to try, but I kept coming back to this one from Taste of Home.
I used my cookie scoop to portion out the dough, it makes it so easy. Since I omitted the nuts due to allergies and filled the tins more than the recipe stated, I got 30 muffins.
I thinned out my glaze a bit more with the cherry juice, which gave them a gorgeous pink color.
Using the mini chips really lets everything get evenly distributed throughout the muffin. One of my favorite treats is a chocolate covered cherry, and these muffins definitely remind me of those.
#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all of our lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday can be found on our home page.
Cherry Chip Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (10-ounce) jar red maraschino cherries
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (omitted)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 375º.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Drain cherries, reserved 2 tablespoons of juice for glaze (discard remaining juice or save for another use). Chop cherries; fold into the batter with chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter by tablespoonfuls into greased or paper-lined heart-shaped or miniature muffin cups.
- Bake at 375' for 10-13 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and reserved cherry juice to make a thin glaze; drizzle over muffins.
Muffins, Breakfast, Dessert, Valentine's Day
Created using The Recipes Generator
- Bakery Style Double Chocolate Muffins from Making Miracles
- Cherry Chip Muffins from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Cinnamon Sugar Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Jelly Muffins from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Macaroon Muffins from Passion Kneaded
- Sprouted Spelt Date Muffins from Food Lust People Love
These would be adorable in heart shaped muffin cups for Valentine's Day. I think I will surprise my family with them.ReplyDelete
Ever year for her birthday I buy my sister chocolate covered cherries because they are her favorite candy. I need to make her your mini muffins!ReplyDelete
These have a gorgeous Valentine's Day look to them. And I am on a cherry kick lately so you know I would be nuts for these.ReplyDelete
I love these!! My family would eat these up. Chocolate covered cherries are a favorite of mine too. :)ReplyDelete
These are soooo pretty! I bet they would be adorable baked in a heart shaped muffin tin!ReplyDelete