Another month has flown by and it's Muffin Monday again! I thought I'd be able to share a blueberry recipe this time around, but my berries weren't quite producing enough. In an effort to clear out some freezer/pantry space, I chose these Banana Mocha Chip Muffins from Taste of Home.
I thought I'd sprayed the insides of the tin well, but should have done the flat surface as well. A few of the tops separated from the bottoms, but they are still delicious. I pull them apart, eat the bottom first and then save the crunchy top for last anyway.
I'd like to do them as bite sized muffins next time and I think mini chips would work better for that. Thank you so much to Melissa W. for sharing her recipe!
Be sure to go and check out all of the other amazing #MuffinMonday recipes using the links down below, and thank you to Stacy for hosting!
Banana Mocha Chip Muffins
- 5t strongly brewed coffee
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in hot water. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg; beat well. Beat in bananas, vanilla and coffee mixture.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Banana, coffee, chocolate chips
Muffins, breakfast, brunch, snacks
Created using The Recipes Generator
Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday can be found on our home page.
- Banana Mocha Chip Muffins from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Cranberry Orange Pistachio (Vegan) Muffins from Food Lust People Love
- Creamed Corn Muffins from Palatable Pastime
- Lemonade Muffins from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Scotch Bonnet Cornbread Muffins from Passion Kneaded
- Simple Summery Squash Muffins from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Soft Blueberry Muffins from Making Miracles
- Sour Cream Rhubarb Muffins with Pecan Streusel from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Sweet Potato Mango Muffins from Zesty South Indian Kitchen
I love the addition of the turbinado sugar on top of your lovely muffins, Jolene. I have a bag of that good stuff in my cupboard but I never seem to remember to use it. Thanks for the nudge!ReplyDelete
These sound SO good to me - I love this flavor profile! I had carrot muffins on my "to bake" list this week - but these may have to bump them!ReplyDelete
Banana and mocha sounds like such a delicious combination! It's also great to clear out the freezer/pantry a bit too!ReplyDelete
I love the flavor combination you put together here. I always have bananas in the freezer and am constantly looking for recipes. Thanks.ReplyDelete
You got me with coffee, that too with banana, coffee and chocolate chip muffins. I am going to try this one.ReplyDelete
I love that you added coffee into these muffins! A great idea for a morning muffin!ReplyDelete
What if you don't like coffee, what would you suggest as a substitute? They sound great otherwise!ReplyDelete