July is National Ice Cream Month, and we're celebrating by sharing some of our favorite ice cream treats! Whether you make it yourself or buy it at the store, nothing beats ice cream on a hot summer day!
I'll admit, I've got a bit of a s'mores obsession. Last summer it was these cookies, and this summer I've made creme brulee. Skimming through recipes on the Taste of Home site, I knew these S'mores Milk Shakes from Sarah M. would be a huge hit here.
I did make a few changes. I used my kitchen torch to toast the marshmallows, I love any excuse to pull that thing out and use it. I rimmed the glass with some chocolate syrup and dipped it into graham cracker crumbs. I placed the glasses in the freezer until I was ready to pour the shakes.
Instead of drizzling the syrup on top, I put it into the glasses first so it was on the bottom. I also added a some graham crackers into the blender with the toasted marshmallows to put the flavor into the shake instead of just on top.
Thank you so much to all of the #FestiveFoodie bloggers who are joining me for today's ice cream social, be sure to check out their recipes down below!
S'mores Milk Shake
- 14 large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 6 graham crackers, divided
- Chocolate syrup
- If desired, crush 2 graham crackers and place in a shallow plate. Add chocolate syrup to another shallow plate or bowl. Dip rims of glasses into chocolate and then into crumbs. Keep in freezer until ready to serve.
- Preheat broiler. Arrange marshmallows in a single layer on a greased foil-lined baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 15-30 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- Place milk and ice cream in a blender; cover and process just until combined. Add 10 toasted marshmallows and 2 graham crackers, cover and pulse until blended.
- Add chocolate syrup to the bottom of each glass. Divide milk shake among 4 glasses; top with remaining graham crackers and toasted marshmallows. Serve immediately.
s'mores, milk shake,
Dessert, Ice Cream
Created using The Recipes Generator
- July is #NationalIceCreamMonth, and we’re having an ice cream social! Grab a spoon and dig into all the awesome recipes we're sharing today!
- Boston Cooler by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Books n' Cooks
- Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream by Eat Move Make
- Marshmallow Creme Fresh Peach Pie Ice Cream by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Oreo Cookies and Cream Cups by Family Around the Table
- No Churn Caramel Coffee Crunch Ice Cream by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- S’mores Milk Shake by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Brown Bread Ice Cream by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- No Churn Dark Chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream by Kate's Recipe Box
- Pineapple Dole Whip by Making Miracles
- Cape Codder Ice Cream Float by Our Crafty Cocktails
- No Churn Red Velvet Ice Cream by Our Crafty Mom
- Chocolate Keto Approved "Frosty" by Our Good Life
- Frosted Lemonade by Palatable Pastime
- Butterbeer Ice Cream by Simply Inspired Meals
- Bourbon Peach Ice Cream by The Redhead Baker
- Healthy Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by The Spiffy Cookie
That sounds like summer for sure. I can't wait to give it a try and I love how you rimmed the glass! It was the perfect touch. :)ReplyDelete
Well don't these sound absolutely to die for!!! Love the rimming.ReplyDelete
These sound amazing Jolene. I think I need to make these for date night in this summer with my husband.ReplyDelete
And thanks for hosting this super fun event! I'm going to need to go on an awful lots of walks this summer so that I can try all of these delicious recipes
Ohhh that sounds like the perfect summery treat! My 6 year old would have a blast making these with me!ReplyDelete
I love a good excuse to break out my kitchen torch! This sounds amazing.ReplyDelete
I love that you add marshmallows to the milkshake and on top of it.ReplyDelete
My kids and I will LOVE this milkshake. It will make the perfect weekend treat.ReplyDelete
You totally outdid yourself with this one! Simple ingredients...but it looks so yummy and fancy at the same time!!!ReplyDelete
Yum! There is something special about s'mores in the summer and this sounds like my new favorite way to enjoy them :)ReplyDelete