I hope you're enjoying #SummerDessertWeek as much as I am! We've had a lot of days over the 90 degree mark here in New England. This means that I'm constantly looking for quick meals and cool treats to help get through the hot days. Popsicles are a perfect way to beat the heat!
I chose Donna L's recipe from Taste of Home because it combines two of my favorite farmstand finds, strawberries and rhubarb. I made one change, in place of the regular yogurt, I used strawberry cheesecake Greek yogurt.
I'm still in love with my Tovolo Groovy Ice Pop molds. Each pop can be removed from the tray and unmolded, plus the base acts as a spill catcher. If you don't have molds, you can go old school and use disposable cups and wooden sticks.
Strawberry Rhubarb Ice Pops
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2 inch)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup strawberry cheesecake Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 drops red food coloring, optional
- 6 freezer pop molds or disposable cups, aluminum foil and wooden sticks
- Place rhubarb, sugar and water in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thick and blended, 10-15 minutes. Remove 3/4 cup mixture to a bowl; cool completely. (Save remaining rhubarb for another use.)
- Add yogurt, applesauce and strawberries to bowl; stir until blended. If desired, tint with food coloring. Pour into molds, top with holders, or pour into cups, cover with foil and insert sticks through foil. Freeze until firm.
This is an Amazon Affiliate link. I earn a small commission at no cost to you with the purchase of the product. All opinions are my own.
Popsicles, strawberry, rhubarb
Dessert, Cool treats
Created using The Recipes Generator
Welcome to the 4th Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. We're celebrating all things summer with a week-long event that is absolutely filled with some of the best summer dessert recipes! Follow the hashtag #SummerDessertWeek on social media to find recipes and make sure to check out the bottom of this post for even more summer desserts!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream & Chilled Desserts:
Ice Cream & Chilled Desserts:
- Caramelized Pineapple No-Churn Ice Cream from Love and Confections
- Chocolate Covered Frozen Strawberries from Our Sutton Place
- Coffee Panna Cotta from Pastry Chef Online
- Strawberry Margarita Popsicles from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Pineapple-Orange Sherbet Popsicles from Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Rhubarb Ice Pops from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Southern Pineapple Sunshine Cake from Big Bear's Wife
- Strawberries and Cream Cupcakes from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Pound Cake from Savory Experiments
- Blueberry Lemon Dump Cake from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Key Lime Sheet Cake from It's Shanaka
- Fruity Watermelon Pizza from Blogghetti
- Chocolate Chess Pie from Back To My Southern Roots
- Bourbon Peach Empanadas from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Rhubarb Thumbprints from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Easy Caramel Banana Sauce from Cindy's Recipes and Writings